• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Afraid that my motivational statement is too radical...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Are you a troll? Take a week off.

I figured that was coming soon. What is going on lately? The number of dumb threads/people being banned seems to be as numerous as the birds falling out the sky and crabs washing up dead on shore. Hmmm maybe they're related?

nativeofsandieg

Your motivational statement (if you really believe what you said), seems like it would apply more to the Marines than the Navy. Just my perception.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
No, its a Navy motivational statement because it's gay.

As Winston Churchill (or, as his friends called him, "Heavy W") said,"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash."

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
I cannot stop laughing at this statement, "I have the resolve of an aircraft carrier, and more desire than I can contain. I am shooting star– if you allow me this opportunity, I will make history. I shun no one. I want progress, not illusions. I am a leader and a juggernaut."

Part of me would want to give him a shot just in the rare chance that he is in fact a real life super hero with real super powers so we can make sure he's on our side.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
All you have to do is actually read that out loud. Now Imagine a bunch of senior officers reading that out loud to each other, and contemplate if they'd be able to, even for a FEW seconds, take your application seriously afterward... No? Didn't think so. Be realistic and KNOW your audience. Bullshit gung-ho oohrah nonsense from a never-been-there civilian probably won't be a big hit at the board. Just speak honestly about why you are choosing to join, specifically why in the designator you are applying for, what you think you bring to the table to offer the Navy and Naval Aviation, and why you think you're a better choice than the other applicants. Intelligence, eagerness, and modesty go a long way in a written statement.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Did anyone else read that and imagine him doing Jazz hands as he wrote it? No, just me? Okay.

It reads like Sondheim's latest Naval Aviation-themed Broadway offering, "Wings of Gold and a Heart to Match: The Musical"

nativeofsandieg

The guy posted this on this website for help, not for a bunch of eager to insult pukes to take shots at him. While he should have known his motivational statement was over the top, the comments that follow simply show the inferiority complexes who ridicule him. I don't care if you have wings, or if you have gone through OCS. You're professionalism in this manner is lacking, and while I am still a civilian and I see your actions as childish and immature, it's no surprise to me why some of you are in the Navy.

Either help the guy or don't comment, your ridicule is insulting and unbecoming of this forum.

And to Phroogdriver, if he truly believes himself to be a "warrior" the Navy is one of the last branches he should consider.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
That's an awfully bold statement from an "NFO hopeful." The comments were more helpful than they should have been considering he should have posted in the correct thread. After that he got an attitude and that's when people jumped down his throat.

Your jab at the Navy somehow being conducive to childish and immature behavior as well as it being an "un-warrior" like culture is rich considering you're a CIVILIAN and have no idea what you're talking about. Talk less, read more.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The guy posted this on this website for help, not for a bunch of eager to insult pukes to take shots at him. While he should have known his motivational statement was over the top, the comments that follow simply show the inferiority complexes who ridicule him. I don't care if you have wings, or if you have gone through OCS. You're professionalism in this manner is lacking, and while I am still a civilian and I see your actions as childish and immature, it's no surprise to me why some of you are in the Navy.

Either help the guy or don't comment, your ridicule is insulting and unbecoming of this forum.

And to Phroogdriver, if he truly believes himself to be a "warrior" the Navy is one of the last branches he should consider.

Slow your roll.

WTF do you know about "professionalism?" Some guy writes a lunatic screed about having the "resolve of an aircraft carrier" or some such crap, and we're supposed to let that go?

Knocking the Navy is a pretty bold move for someone who's a civilian, especially one whose profile reads "NFO hopeful." You do know that the "N" in "NFO" stands for "naval," right? Is your point that you're not a warrior, or that you're not joining the Navy? Please tell me you're not considering my Marine Corps, because if you thought this guy got a hard time, a GySgt is going to really make your life miserable.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

Very impressive, Turbo ....

You're makin' friends all over the place, aren't you??? Why don't you take some time off & go play with your Xbox for a week or so ... ???

While we ridicule you, instead ... ???

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor

Wow.

If some of the other users don't mind, especially those who have wings under their name, I'd like to respond to this as I know how busy they are, apparently NOT being warriors or protecting the country. And I'm bored waiting for the next part of Primary...

First of all, you need go back and re-read the entirety of the thread before you decide to pop off and start insulting a bunch of ladies and gentlemen who's achievements are more than just playing xbox and bass guitar. Hipsfinny came on here and posted his motivational statement and asked for honesty of whether or not it was good and if it would be taken seriously. Yes, we did crack jokes about certain aspects of his statement, but if you go back, there was honest criticism given for how he should approach and re-write/formulate the next statement. Obviously you must have missed that while you were beating off to world of warcraft.

Inferiority complex? HAHAHAHA....that's the quite the statement to make when you don't even know any of the people on this forum in real life. Right an Inferiority complex....that's why we joined the Military.....because we have an inferiority complex. That's why we are a part of (or are training to become a part of) one of the most dangerous and high risk communities as far as job type. Yes, it's because all of us have inferiority complexes. Get over yourself.

Use that statement and the will laugh and throw away your application. Up until a week ago, they would have called you a fagot too, but now the CAPT Honors incident will prevent that.

No you are not required to produce 400 words, I would think rather than viewing the 400 words as excessive one would approach it a constraint, certainly you would need much more than 400 to detail your motivation. I have always found it useful to write a piece twice or thrice the length allowed and then edit it down to that what is allowed, plus 1. Make each word count, no fillers.

While I have the mic, my advice, for what it is worth:

Three paragraphs.

The first is a brief intro to yourself and to the statement in general

Second and largest is background material such as the fact that your JPJ was your great grandfather, or what ever the case may be.

Thrid is a what you want the board to do and why, briefly. That is to select you and briefly why. For many reasons the last paragraph is most important and should convey what you want to happen.

Do not depend on GPA et al to substitute for a well written statement of your motivation.

While I admire your 'spunk' ... you don't want to make the O-5 and up board members .... 'laugh' .... do you???

Just my $20 worth ...

Lack of professionalism huh? As someone who spent time in private sector before the Navy and now is getting his indoctrination through training as far as have Naval Aviation operates, I can tell you that all the responses thus far are par for the course and probably moreso professional than you really are putting on. I would believe that the responses are akin to the exact type of response you can expect to get in any squadron ready room or while in training if you asked for honesty. You're going to get made fun of and then hopefully get some kind of constructive criticism. Or everyone will make fun of you enough until you will realize that you need to change whatever you're asking about. Bottom line its called having thick skin. But you said it yourself, you're a civilian so how would you even know.

Your actions are childish and immature? Whose actions? You mean when the OP started trying to be funny and trolling for a response? You mean our actions are childish and immature after that because we made fun of his statement? I'm just going to respond with this in that regard....you have no fucking clue what the hell you're talking about. And again I bring this up....isn't it ironic for you to call our actions childish and immature when you're the one who lists "playing xbox" as his hobby under latest news.

And for the rest of your post, I also find it ironic that someone who has not even IN the military yet, let alone OCS is insulting me, my fellow Officers and MY NAVY. You must be out of your mind. You are a civilian and basically saying that people who are in the Navy AREN'T warriors? So you just because we're not Marines or Army, that doesn't make us warriors, that makes us soft right? Ok....well when you get into OCS and you go from an actually "NFO Hopeful" and someone who just plays "bass guitar and xbox" to someone whos actually contributing to one of the services, feel free to come on here and talk shit then. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. I for one hope you don't make it NFO training, as you sound like the exact opposite of anyone I would want to interact with on a daily basis in training command.

Bottom line is this...and this is for any newbie poster who might read this. If you come on this site and ask for honesty and advice about a subject or topic, expect to get exactly that...and depending on the subject, some ridicule as well. No one means it to be personal, but if you start acting out of line and showing that you're all butt hurt and can't take a joke, we're going to jump all over it.

I think you should stick to xbox and bass guitar......now if you'll excuse me, I have studying to do.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Please tell me you're not considering my Marine Corps, because if you thought this guy got a hard time, a GySgt is going to really make your life miserable.

Yea, I think he was looking into the Marine Corp after he received a no from the Navy. I think he is reapplying for the Navy as well but I'm not too sure about that.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
The OP's motivational statement was so absurd that I initially thought he was a troll, or sort of like a joke account from an Air Force guy that has too much time on his hands. But then I read his other posts that seem legit. Either way, amusing stuff in this thread.

hipfinnsy

Sensual Pepper
It's all good. I thought some of the responses were dickish but whatever. I knew that when I posted the horses/polygons statement that all hell would break loose. I figure that my motivational statement was a bit off, but I didn't know that it was THAT off. Apparently this is the case. I have a much better idea of what I should write now.

Status
Not open for further replies.