• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AF Medical Exam At NASP

THRILLER

Well...the wife and I are still waiting on the "official orders" to be cut here at the Det. They told us last week to expect them very soon.

Soooo, while I'm waiting. Any of you Navy guys know of what type of physical the AF studs have to take (prior to API and Primary). I'm FC1 cleared and have passed the AF Medical Flight Screening at Brooks Shi**y Base. Do I have to do this all over again for the Navy??? If not, what is the physical like.

Peace,

THRILLER

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Yes you do...you will have to do a full Navy flight physical when you get to Pcola...

What it entails:
blood work
vitals
sight (color blind?)
hearing
review by a flight doc
anthro measurements, etc
waiting
more waiting
even more waiting...

I think there might be more to it but thats all I can remember. Expect it to take from about 0600 through about 1400 depending on if you are lucky. Also from what I hear AF physicals are good for two years or so while the Navy requires new physicals yearly...becomes a problem for SNAs coming back from VANCE to the Navy side...

THRILLER

Some conflicting info...

I spoke to an AF Flight Doc yesterday and he had said that my FC1 physical was good for us AF studs who are going to Whiting. Before we head off to UPT, we are sent to Brooks to get our FC1 and MFS.

He also said that we will still have to do a physical once we get there, however since the AF has already sent me to get the FC1 and Medical Flight Screening at Brooks in San Antonio(which comprised of EKG, Blood work, piss test, hearing, skull X-Ray, Chest X-Ray, Dental, Measurements, Psyche Test, eyesight, etc.), then I will only need a basic evaluation by the Flight Doc there.

Any thoughts? Any AF studs on the forum that can verify this?

Peace,

THRILLER

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
THRILLER said:
Some conflicting info...

I spoke to an AF Flight Doc yesterday and he had said that my FC1 physical was good for us AF studs who are going to Whiting. Before we head off to UPT, we are sent to Brooks to get our FC1 and MFS.

He also said that we will still have to do a physical once we get there, however since the AF has already sent me to get the FC1 and Medical Flight Screening at Brooks in San Antonio(which comprised of EKG, Blood work, piss test, hearing, skull X-Ray, Chest X-Ray, Dental, Measurements, Psyche Test, eyesight, etc.), then I will only need a basic evaluation by the Flight Doc there.

Any thoughts? Any AF studs on the forum that can verify this?

Peace,

THRILLER

It may depend on the timeframe...ie, if you JUST got your FC1 then they may take that into advisement but if you got it 9 months ago then I am pretty sure they will make you get another one...

I will ask around...

ip568

None
Naval Air medicine is bad but Air Force medicine is insane. I once had two
USAF corpsmen in the clinic at Lajes try to ground me for ear wax.

"We have to make-out a grounding chit on you, LT."

"You're s*****g me!"

"No, Sir. What if you are navigating and the piece of wax touches your ear drum and you get vertigo and you give the pilot a bad heading and your plane crashes into a mountain and everyone dies?"

"You're s*****g me!"

"No, Sir. Have a seat. We have to fill-out your grounding chit."

"Bull****! You're crazy!"

"Now, Sir, we have to do this..."

(At that point I just got up and walked out of the clinic).

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Ok, here's what'll happen. You'll have to get a physical, but it's not bad. They'll check your eyes, hearing, anthropometrics (body lengths), and some blood work. It's nothing to sweat at all since you've made it through Hell, I mean Brooks. The hard part is all of the waiting because you'll be there with about 40 other studs, and NOMI takes their lunch break at 1100 sharp, no matter if studs are still waiting.

Now if you're FC1 is going to expire soon (hopefully not), you'll have to go through the whole process. Hope that clears it up for you.