• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice for SNA submission

rutger

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some current feedback on how competitive my package (or if I even have a shot at all) would be for SNA.

OAR: 47
ASTB-E: 5-5-5
Undergraduate GPA and school: 3.7, UCLA (philosophy BA).
LORs: professors.
Volunteer experience: aircraft restoration at USS Midway.

I know my scores suck., but is there any chance at all I could be picked up for SNA? My recruiter is saying I have virtually no chance, but I've read some posts ( some being slightly dated) on here with people saying they have been picked up with similar scores. Could my GPA, school, and a killer motivational statement possibly offset the dismal scores?

Input is much appreciated.

z06z33

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some current feedback on how competitive my package (or if I even have a shot at all) would be for SNA.

OAR: 47
ASTB-E: 5-5-5
Undergraduate GPA and school: 3.7, UCLA (philosophy BA).
LORs: professors.
Volunteer experience: aircraft restoration at USS Midway.

I know my scores suck., but is there any chance at all I could be picked up for SNA? My recruiter is saying I have virtually no chance, but I've read some posts ( some being slightly dated) on here with people saying they have been picked up with similar scores. Could my GPA, school, and a killer motivational statement possibly offset the dismal scores?

Input is much appreciated.

Hey man don't feel bad my scores were about the same on my first try, lower infact.
On my second try I scored 55/6/7/6 and got PRO REC Y during this September board. My GPA isn't anything to brag about either (2.8). I do have my pilots license though so that may have helped. Google tbas flash cards they should help you if you had a problem with that part of the test.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Hey man don't feel bad my scores were about the same on my first try, lower infact.
On my second try I scored 55/6/7/6 and got PRO REC Y during this September board. My GPA isn't anything to brag about either (2.8). I do have my pilots license though so that may have helped. Google tbas flash cards they should help you if you had a problem with that part of the test.

your ASTB would be so-so a few years ago, but now with the additional requirements it isn't bad, that and the high selection percentage due to additional requirements probably helped you a lot more than any flight experience, given what has happened to the guys I put in with flight experience compared to those that didn't, I would lean to that your flight experience had little effect.