• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Admiral "reassigned"

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. Presumably not for tactical reasons, since the IG is getting involved. Bet the COS didn't expect to be commanding the CSG for a few days. From what I hear, Shoemaker (the relief) is a good dude.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ABC report quotes a Navy Official as saying it was for "inappropriate leadership judgment". I guess what follows is the ubiquitous "lost confidence in his leadership".

Aside from the Admiral getting canned, I learned that the Stennis battle group was turned around in 4 months. I had heard they went out early, but I didn't know the details. I dare a politician that says ship capabilities trumps the number of hulls to tell that to a few thousand Stennis Strike Group sailors.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
His biography says he graduated AOCS as a "snowflake". Can anyone shed some light on this?

I think that was the top two candidates, but I can't remember why they were called that. I'm guessing he was #2 since the top graduate would either be referred to as the RegCom or just, "the top graduate".

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I think that was the top two candidates, but I can't remember why they were called that. I'm guessing he was #2 since the top graduate would either be referred to as the RegCom or just, "the top graduate".
No offense meant here...but I'm surprised that someone at that point in their career would still find that a significant enough achievement for the bio. I was my junior high valedictorian once too...

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Buddy of mine said its an award you get if you achieve top 10% of tests, PFT and academics.

That's it. I remember why now. You got a badge (like a name tag) for one of three things; Academic, PT, or Military. You could get more than one (I had two), but if you got all three the badge itself was white with black letters, hence "snowflake".

I can't remember what colors the other ones were, but they weren't white. I think black, but don't know.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
and they used to wrap tape around the edges of your name tag. I think the snowflakes had white tape. Although I don't really remember the tape coloring scheme.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
No offense meant here...but I'm surprised that someone at that point in their career would still find that a significant enough achievement for the bio. I was my junior high valedictorian once too...

Concur. It's an odd thing to reference, but nothing wrong with it either. It's pretty hard to do, but I'm guessing he's accomplished a lot more impressive things since then.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
and they used to wrap tape around the edges of your name tag. I think the snowflakes had white tape. Although I don't really remember the tape coloring scheme.

Blue=1st Batt (secured)
Yellow=2nd Batt (secured)
White=CandiO

No tape=unsecured.

This is the kind of crap taking up space on my mental hard drive.