• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Added another gun to the arsenal

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Ok, so it's a pretty small arsenal...

I took in my pistol to get the sights fixed, and you can't just sit there without a gun while one's in the shop, right? I've been wanting a shotgun for a while, so I picked up a Remington 870. Haven't shot it, but as soon as I find a range, I'll be sure to head out.

And once I get some money that doesn't have to go towards home improvement, I'll probably be getting an M14...soooo pretty.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Good choice of shotgun there. Can't beat an 870 for value-for-dollar, also it's hard to beat a 700 series Remington rifle for the same in that category.

As a certified M14/M1A luster-after, I fully support your idea of getting one. Go forth and multiply! (Your arsenal, that is.) :D

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
This shop wanted $1400 for the M14, but it's brand new. I need to do some shopping around and see what they're going for.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good job on getting the 870. Great shotgun. I have the 18" cylinder barrel, black synthetic stock. It's great for home defense and does a number at the skeet range ;) It's funny watching the skeet snobs when you get a perfect 25 with your 18" black shotgun :)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Not to be a pain in the ass, but it's m-1A not m-14. The M-1A is the semi-automatic version of the M-14. Unfortunately the HUGE surplus stockpiles of M-14s can not be converted to semi-only and sold through something like the CMP (which has pretty good deals on the M-1 garand if you want one). Most of the academies are switching from the garand to the M-14 because we have so many that arent getting used, and the idea that they will all have to be eventually destroyed is depressing. Parts arent even interchangeable.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
All midshipman are now issued M-14's (USNA), while there I posted a question on one of the machine gun forums as to whether any of these surplus rifles could be released to the public. I was told that all M-14 recievers have the slot on the right side for a selector flipper switch, therefore the recievers themselves make them an NFA weapon. What I meant by parts not being interchangeable is that you can not legally put any parts from a full auto on a semi-auto. I know, I know there are ar-15's out there with full auto bolts and carriers (I've seen them at gun shows), but they are illegal if someone wanted to make a stink about things. Both USNA and USAFA have M-14's with full auto, so I would believe that at least of the majority of them are set up for full auto. As I said not to be a pain in the ass, as it is all in the wording of it. Just as millions of people call their 16 inch ar-15's M-4's (which is technically incorrect, there are 4 registered originally marked M-4's in existance), it is the same with the M-14. Just as you can't own a real M-16 reciever unless it is registered, you can not own a M-14 reciever unless it is registered.