• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Add Wings to your profile: Pinning on new wings

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
And how in the hell can I change this god awful profile name.. Today was the first time I logged on since Advanced.. ha ha Good times!!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Winged 30 Sept 2010, Helo bubba... SH-60B type.. Wings please!!

Just remember, if it's high-lighted green, push ENTER. If it's high-lighted with an open box, push SELECT. God help you when you try and figure out the track ball...

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Just remember, if it's high-lighted green, push ENTER. If it's high-lighted with an open box, push SELECT. God help you when you try and figure out the track ball...

Point and click with a trackball may suck compared to what it should have been, but it is way beyond the legacy keyset.

Now the P/C-legacy keyset hybrid? THAT was the worst.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Point and click with a trackball may suck compared to what it should have been, but it is way beyond the legacy keyset.

Now the P/C-legacy keyset hybrid? THAT was the worst.

I think the track ball will be a huge problem as the airframe ages and crap gets in there, but I was surprised how quickly I got used to it...once I could remember which button was which. I did two flights in a row with it and then got back into a keyset bird and I was surprised how it took me a few seconds to find things again. Now if they could only give us back a FIX key on the trackball version.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We never had any problems in P-3s with the trackball at the TACCO station.

Could your AT's remove the track ball and clean it? You can't in the Romeo, which is what I foresee to be the main problem...especially when doing expeditionary ops with a limited supply chain.

The track balls on the ships I've been on were usually sketchy, at best. Like scoolbubba is saying, a few horse-cock sandwiches or 50 will start to cause issues.