• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Add Wings to your profile: Pinning on new wings

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No got. Sorry. The only non-pilot wings we have are NFO and Water Wings. And I don't think the Water Wings are working right now.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
After reading through this I realized there may/may not be some additional private forums to be accessed. I'd like those as well please if possible.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
After reading through this I realized there may/may not be some additional private forums to be accessed. I'd like those as well please if possible.

When I know a poster's background (which I do for you), I usually update their private settings, as well. I'll update them now, but I've held off on your wings until you tell me you've been officially winged.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Soft winged off the TR today. Please and thanks.
Pardon my elderly ignorance... but what exactly does "soft winged" mean? I searched, but no luck. Does each SNA/SNFO get two ceremonies... or does soft indicate that you successfully CarQual'd, and finished Advanced?:)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Pardon my elderly ignorance... but what exactly does "soft winged" mean? I searched, but no luck. Does each SNA/SNFO get two winging ceremonies... or does soft indicate that you successfully CarQual'd, and finished Advanced?:)
BzB
Just means I'm done and qual'd and waiting on a date to actually have a formal ceremony. We get to wear our wings on our name tags in flight suits ("soft wings"), but not in khakis or anything.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just means I'm done and qual'd and waiting on a date to actually have a formal ceremony. We get to wear our wings on our name tags in flight suits ("soft wings"), but not in khakis or anything.

I think different communities do it differently, as well. While the TACAIR guys do it like wlawr said, the helo guys (at least historically) soft wing the evening before the actual winging ceremony. It's a more light-hearted ceremony for friends and family where the IP can tell everyone one the truth about the studs abilities and the stud can tell lies about how the IP may have done something silly.

I'm not sure what the prop guys do. They probably don't do anything because they're still in the Delta waiting to fly their 19 mile long downwind.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
...the helo guys (at least historically) soft wing the evening before the actual winging ceremony.
How about the "Over Boost" throw-down following the formal winging? Do the helo guys still do that? What a riot! Got pics, too!

:D