• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active Duty Final Select Turn Around Time

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Once recieving the ProRec-Y, how long does it normally take to get the FS considering to apply while Active Duty you're supposed to submit a Commissioning Physical with your package. I'm just curious if it is faster since you are already active. Thanks for any response.

Reactions: tan

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Mine took just shy of 3 months if I recall, pretty well in line with the civilian folks. Once you get the Pro Y they kick your information over to medical for review. When they are satisfied and you have an open investigation which should not be an issue for active you will wait in a date. Once the date gets assigned a FS letter is issued to your CO and XO. This is my experience after spending countless hours on here and nagging the processors periodically.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Mine took just shy of 3 months if I recall, pretty well in line with the civilian folks. Once you get the Pro Y they kick your information over to medical for review. When they are satisfied and you have an open investigation which should not be an issue for active you will wait in a date. Once the date gets assigned a FS letter is issued to your CO and XO. This is my experience after spending countless hours on here and nagging the processors periodically.
Thanks. Im sure you posted it but when is your class up date

DETERMINED15, you are very determined to make part of that deployment and get that O1-E pay huh??? I am not mad at you for that one... ;)... Good luck...
Ha ha... no I know that I'll miss that O1-E pay by a few months. I feel it would be an injustice to be stationed on this great Naval vessel for two years and not experience my first deployment (or at least part) as an Enlisted Sailor.

Do you already have a date? I spoke to the processors before getting my FS letter to make sure I would be here for kids birth. They seemed pretty accommodating.
I just out found that I was Pro-Rec for IW with JoJoGoHard last Friday evening so I'm assuming that it will be a while before FS letters start coming through (but you never know). We are set to deploy in about 2 months (give or take).

ABF2

I was just selected for SWO. I would like to know what is the next step? and where can i go to find all the info i need to study for OCS?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just selected for SWO. I would like to know what is the next step?
After all other requirements are met (clearance/medical/waivers, etc.), work on fitness, avoid legal problems, and practice patience awaiting FS!;)
...where can I go to find all the info I need to study for OCS?
Check thread Insider scoop On Navy OCS... this, and other threads on the OCS Forum. Also, Mr Spenz among others, is a very recent grad of OCS, and always helpful; may entertain specific questions on the most current workings of OCS! :)
BzB

ABF2

After all other requirements are met (clearance/medical/waivers, etc.), work on fitness, avoid legal problems, and practice patience awaiting FS!;)

Check thread Insider scoop On Navy OCS... this, and other threads on the OCS Forum. Also, Mr Spenz among others, is a very recent grad of OCS, and always helpful; may entertain specific questions on the most current workings of OCS! :)
BzB

thank you for the info.

National OPO

To all,
The issuance of a Final Select letter occurs after all other processing has been completed and Recruiting Command is ready to assign the applicant an actual OCS convene date. It is the "last" step in the process and represent the official "offering" of a seat at OCS. Up to the Final Select letter being issued, applicants can still be found not qualified for commissioing - even if were professionally recommended through a "selection board". Currently (as of 01Apr14), we are still filling the remaining FY14 OCS class seats that carry us through the end of June. The first FY15 OCS class is in July and we will begin issuing Final Selects with July (and beyond) OCS dates in the second half of this month and into May. We normally are issuing Final Select letters about 3-5 months out from assigned OCS shipping dates. Although the July class actually ships to OCS in July, it is called the first OCS FY15 class since shippers that go to that July class wont actually graduate and get commissioned until after 01Oct14 - making them the first FY15 graduates. So although shipping in FY14, they are the first FY15 OCS class. If you are waiting on your Final Select letter, continue to remain in contact with your recruiter (if being worked through a recruiter) or remain engaged with your command leadership (if a Fleet Sailor) since your command will be sent your Final Select letter from NRC to be issued to you by your chain of command. NRD applicants should be notified by their recruiter as soon as a Final Select is generated by NRC and posted into our processing IT system (CIRIMS) and pushed to the NRD for issuance to the applicant. Hope this helps.

Meegs

Thank you, National OPO for this information. Can you tell us what might keep an applicant from qualifying other than legal issues or being medically disqualified?
In my case, I was professionally recommended from the August supply board and cleared through medical in early January.
What other issues might I encounter?
I've had not so much as a speeding ticket since I have began the process.
Thanks again for your insight!