• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Act of Valor

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
"Ooooh, Navy SEALs!" Not to rip off the famous Clerks line, but this actually looks like a good movie about the SEALs.

Sanctioned by NSW, with real equipment and operators used for filming. I spotted some HS love in the trailer to boot. Here's hoping it's good.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
A little bit of HS love in the HVBSS scene. The original title of this was "I am that man" Though I think they made some changes since the storyline is a bit different and its a year and a half late coming out. At least they used the real thing for the characters.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
By real NSW "in the movie," do we mean they're doing the action shots or that they're actually doing dramatic ACTING?

lovitz-acting.jpg

That could be bad.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I literally just saw a link to this on another website. I was wondering if it was HS love or HCS love. Hopefully it's more Black Hawk Down and less Navy SEALs.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's a Fox.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eh. This looks to tread that fine line between cheesy-awesome and cheesy-lame.

Black Hawk Down showed you can make a realistic war movie that doesn't totally lose a civilian audience or leave a military audience rolling their eyes. But apparently it's really damn hard, because it doesn't get done often. Other than the last 20 minutes of Children of Men, I'm having trouble thinking of another one.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Eh. This looks to tread that fine line between cheesy-awesome and cheesy-lame.

Black Hawk Down showed you can make a realistic war movie that doesn't totally lose a civilian audience or leave a military audience rolling their eyes. But apparently it's really damn hard, because it doesn't get done often. Other than the last 20 minutes of Children of Men, I'm having trouble thinking of another one.

Saving Private Ryan?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
It looked overly dramatic to me. I will hold judgement until I see it though.

It's a small thing unless you are/were a grunt but I get distracted when I see a grenade or RPG explosion look like a small nuke going off. A bright flash and puff of grey smoke will do please. Saving Private Ryan is about the only movie I've seen that gets that level of detail correct.