• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acronyms!!

navy09

None
Do you know how to use Google? If you did, it would be exceedingly easy to access lists of "military acronyms."

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
My favorite military reference title: "GOAT."

What's that, you ask? "Glossary of Acronyms and Terms."

An acronym for a book of acronyms.

navy09

None
I did this. I looked at 3 pretty large lists and still couldn't find what NPQ means (for example)

You work for NASA? :confused:

First result of a Google search for "acronym npq" was this.

Though I suppose you'd have to know what BUMED or DODMERB is. I guess you need to get used to acronyms if you want to do the military thing.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
when the mod squad is done writing up a comprehensive list of military acronyms, maybe they could invent something that would catalogue and list helpful websites, let people look through it, and then bring those helpful websites up in a way for you to immediately go to them!

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
when the mod squad is done writing up a comprehensive list of military acronyms, maybe they could invent something that would catalogue and list helpful websites, let people look through it, and then bring those helpful websites up in a way for you to immediately go to them!

y'know, it seems like a great idea on the surface, but I don't think it will ever catch on, let alone make any kind of money...:icon_wink

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
I think it's a good idea, especially for all us noobs to have some sort of acronym reference. Also Navy slang such as squid, scuttlebutt, manatee, joboy, etc. It's hard to understand things when you don't know the lingo. I don't get half the posts in these forums.

nugget81

pilot
I think it's a good idea, especially for all us noobs to have some sort of acronym reference. Also Navy slang such as squid, scuttlebutt, manatee, joboy, etc. It's hard to understand things when you don't know the lingo. I don't get half the posts in these forums.

Then you just haven't read far enough back....I mean, geez...the site is only 7 or 8 years old now. There's not that much stuff to read through. It's the same 88 questions asked eleventy-billion times over :D