• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accident

jmcquate

Contributor
I'm hoping the USAF isn't relying on Afgans to call in Spectre strikes, or this will devolve into the Hatfields and McCoys with AC-130s.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
What do you guys want? Wailing? Gnashing of teeth?

This will be investigated. If someone fucked up they will be held accountable. If the Taliban were shooting from the hospital it ceases to be protected, and it was justified. Either way CNN, Al-Jazeera, and anyone else with an axe to grind will continue to push this story and the Pilots/WSO's will never have a chance (in an unclassified forum) to tell what really happened.

I doubt they saw a Red Cross on the roof and said "bombs away."

If the people of Afghanistan could possibly see fit to police their own shithole of a country, Americans wouldn't have to risk their lives over there. Since they are neither willing nor able, this kind of thing will continue to happen.

It's sad, but a testament to our precision and accountability, that we kill far, far, faaaaaaaarrrrrr less civilians than their local terrorists, yet get all the press when we do.

So yes, shit happens, it's a war. The volunteers for MSF know that when they go over there.

KTBQ

Naval Radiator
pilot
Cool. They were doing critical work at great peril to their lives, but they knew the risks, so f*ck them.

jmcquate

Contributor
Cool. They were doing critical work at great peril to their lives, but they knew the risks, so f*ck them.
Agreed, Pickle could have said it better (a lot better), but we all knew the ride when we bought the ticket.......including NGOs. I don't know what happened that caused this tragedy, it will be a while before any of us know if we ever do. War is a terrible thing where young men and women are forced to make life a death decisions in a split second. Unless the AC-130 crew were tasked with hosing a DWB facility...........I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Blue on Blue were/are all of our worst nightmare.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Agreed, Pickle could have said it better (a lot better), but we all knew the ride when we bought the ticket.......including NGOs. I don't know what happened that caused this tragedy, it will be a while before any of us know if we ever do. War is a terrible thing where young men and women are forced to make life a death decisions in a split second. Unless the AC-130 crew were tasked with hosing a DWB facility...........I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Blue on Blue were/are all of our worst nightmare.

Agreed, this was either poor employment or proper employment on a poorly vetted target. My guess is the latter but it's a guess. Regardless, it's a shit-sandwich for everyone involved and I truly feel for the people hurt by it. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, that's life in a War-Zone.

DesertRooster

The King of Nothing
The only part hit was the ICU portion, and nothing else. Kind of ironic actually

KTBQ

Naval Radiator
pilot
I was attempting sarcasm to highlight the false bravado of Pickle's ham fisted reply. Sure, it's war and terrible/accidental things happen, but those poor people are at least deserving of a little sympathy. To suggest otherwise ("tough shit, they knew the risks") makes you sound like a jackass.