• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acceptable Major for OCS

akdorsey

You got a problem with me?
Will the Navy accept a person with a degree in geology? It only requires pre calculus so its not overly technical. Just give me some examples of degree's they have accepted and if you think geology would be a good acceptable degree.

nicknight

Any B.A. or B.S. is fine. If geology req's Pre-Calc, then you're better qualified than a good amount of majors!

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I took pre-calc (and passed with a C)as a poli-sci major, and would have continued further but was afraid of dragging down my overall gpa.

46Nomad

doesn't matter

I am a Psychology major, got in to OCS and became an aviator.

I thought engineering is what a guy on a train does.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
dude you could major in interpretive dance and still get into the Navy or probably any service for that matter.

akdorsey

Has anyone here failed a class and still made it in the Navy? I ask because I started out bad in American Government and if I ace everything from now on, the highest grade I can get is a 91.

akdorsey

I got a 53 on my first test, mainly because I was nervous I think. There are 3 in class tests and they EACH count 20% of our grade then there is a final which is worth 30%. There is also a participation grade and thats 10% of our grade.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
If you are worried about it, I would look into having the grade switched to pass/no pass (go see your academic adviser/counselor). Or, if you can't, do the best you can and don't worry about it.

If you are that worried about it, drop the class, or take it p/np and move on and do well/better in the other classes you are taking.