• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accelerated course

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCBrandon

I am currently an IFS instructor for the USNA working out of BWI. My question would be where can I find more information on the accelerated program for primary flight training. I am finishing up my four year degree and will have over 1000 hours at the time of primary.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's not any different than the regular program save for skipping a few flights here and there based on what your instructors feel you need or don't.

There's no set special syllabus or "accelerated program."

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
It also seems to be hit and miss as to if you really get accelerated. Some guys get the little sheet on their training jacket saying they are accelerated... then never skip a single flight.
We had 5 accelerated guys in my class, I finished b4 4 of them. So it is not something to really get worked up about.

PITTSdriver

I am accelearted and am about 58% through. Accelerated 5 Bi flights, 6 fam flights, and a PA flights. Nowadays as longs as you perform well enough you can accelerate a lot. I have RI's left and expect to accelerate 6 -8 RI sims and some flights. Total time from the start of flying is about 10 weeks. But the other guys who have posted on ehre is right. It really depends on if your onwing feels comfortble, on top of your progress, and you meet or exceed expectations. Also being proactive and being on top of your scheduling helps you and the squadron. Getting your flights done shortend your time to train, and how long the VT squadron has to keep you, plus it saves the squadron money, and manpower. But be ready it comes fast and furious with all the upfront knowledge. Get ahead before you class up.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
I know that it is better for grades to accelerate if you can handle the pase and stay ahead in the books. If you meet MIF with fewer flights you have a better average. Accelerated guys don't have to do nearly as well as the rest od the studs. That comes from alot of IP's but is still second hand knowledge since I was a regular stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.