• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Academic Requirements

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
I was telling a few guys at my university about the requirements for candidates at school, regarding the 2.0 GPA requirement. I'm not entirely sure how to correctly answer them. Is it a cumulative GPA requirement or for each semester? Also, I'm pretty sure you need to have a 2.0 to apply at all. Is this true? Thanks for the answers.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
You can have bad semesters (under a 2.0) as long as your cumulative average remains at a 2.0 or above.

MNU-OCS

One side note to this though, if you are planning on having a career in the Corps you are going to need at least a masters degree. I was looking at graduate schools and the requirments are stringent, so its important to keep a high GPA regardless. Yes you can get into PLC with a 2.0 or better, but like everyone says, the minimums dont cut it.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
you can go to warfare colleges to count as you "masters degree" criteria to hit Major, and Colonel, etc. its not just civy universities that they require, you can go to military colleges, like the MCU.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
I was telling a few guys at my university about the requirements for candidates at school, regarding the 2.0 GPA requirement. I'm not entirely sure how to correctly answer them. Is it a cumulative GPA requirement or for each semester? Also, I'm pretty sure you need to have a 2.0 to apply at all. Is this true? Thanks for the answers.

You have to maintain a 2.0 average before you contract, and the semester prior to shipping to your first increment of training or your 10 week program. Once you have completed one increment of training or your 10 week program you must maintain a 2.0 GPA for both the semester and your overall GPA. If you drop below a 2.0 in a semester you will be placed on academic probation. If you are on academic probation you are not qualified to receive any financial assistance fron your OSO (i.e. FAP and MCTAP). Once you bring pass the next semester and have an overall GPA of 2.0 you are once again eligible to receive financial assistance during the school year from your OSO. If you fail to bring up your grades for a second term, your OSO is suppose to disenroll you from the Officer Program. I hope this helps.