• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A year long journey in the US Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevincjr1

I knew Archie...Well I'm not going to say I knew him but I knew of him. He was in a couple of my Aerospace classes. I am currently in the Navy now as an E-5 awaiting my OCS date of September 6. I am currently under BDCP as a SNA. But likewise it is good to hear from a fellow tiger.
Kevin

AZSkegee

I think I remember you Kevin. I was talking with the Ret. Capt. Harris in Chappie James one day and talked to you about flying. Well having already gone through boot camp, I can say the first few days will be a shock towards you, but I already know you will come in with and good mind and heart. Even if I dont make SNA Im glad to see someone else from TU that did, keep the tradition alive

mikedjp

AZSkegee: Where are you stationed now? How long did you apply to OTS from A school or afterwards?

Thanks for providing some info and motivation!

AZSkegee

Im stationed on the mighty CVN 69, we are in the yards right now undergoing rehab. I have been in the Navy for a year now, 19JUN02. I retaken my ASTB test in AZ "A" school in Mississippi, Once I checked unboard with my command in November. I had to wait untill I was frocked to 3rd to continue with my OCS process. I recieved 3rd out of "A" school ( To SSGT, and AZ class We all studied and were didicated individuals which made us professionals in our rating and MOS-I will never forget you devil dogs and shipmates) So around Memorial Day weekend my package was sent off to Millington. The wait is expected to be a few months. Are you still in bamma Mikedjp?

dskeeters30

AZSkegee,
just curious but why did they make you wait from November until Memorial Day to complete the submission of your OCS application. Did they tell you that you had to wait a certain amount of time or is that just how long it took to get your application together? I'm asking because if I don't get accepted before I report to basic in December then I'll be in the same situation. Luckily, I won't have to retake the ASTB though. I thought I did relatively well on it the first time around (58 and 7's) but I guess things could change between now and then. Any thoughts you may have would be appreciated. Good luck with your application; hope you hear something soon. When I submitted my package last fall I had to wait almost 15 weeks before I heard anything.

AZSkegee

Dskeeters30, you should get picked up relatively easy. You have excellent scores. Once you are "Officially in the Military" you will find things takes a process for accomplishment. You have to work your chain of command. I also had to wait on my officer board because I wanted to have all three at the same time. With my ship in the yards everyone has a very busy schedule so there was some portion of my wait time. Also you have to work with the CCC and their schedules also. I have been lucky to work in a command were they take great pride in helping their people. So the wait required patience but in the end Im satisfied with the results. My friend in A school was pulled right away for OCS for Intel, So you never know my friend

dskeeters30

AZSkegee,
thanks for the clarification. I'm gonna resubmit my package again before I go and if that doesn't work then I'm gonna try to have as much of the packet completed for submission before I go to basic as I'm sure things will be pretty busy once I get down to P'cola for NACCS. What do they do they do if you've got a package that is waiting for an answer while you're at basic. Is that what happened with your friend who was pulled for intel or did he submit his package while he was at A school. I appreciate your advice; it's good to get it from someone who's been in relatively the same situation.

AZSkegee

"What do they do they do if you've got a package that is waiting for an answer while you're at basic"
Right before I attended RTC at Great Lakes, I read an article about a shipmate who was at Great Lakes and was picked up for NROTC, while in boot camp-(he was also a nuke-its very easy for them to get picked up). But you should contact a CCC heres mines he'll have advice on how that process goes (ccc@eisenhower.navy.mil) Im not really sure

My friend was in the choir while at NTTC NAS Meridian so he was lucky enough to meet an Admiral in the Intel community and whalla he was in there (Good Luck Tran wherever you are-try to touch base with me) I wish you all the luck once you get in. If you do have to take the enlisted take some leadership roles at boot camp and "A" school because it helps prepare you for your Officer life and gives leadership experience and your position will help in your future endeavors. Good Luck shipmate

Rayman

I'm interested. Please post any info regarding that route(enlisted to officer). Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.