• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Typical Day at TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow9660

Thanks for the TBS gouge...any of you still going to be there this month/ what Co.?

Also, can anyone provide some gouge on how billets work, and how different they are from OCS billets? thanks.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Shadow9660 said:
Also, can anyone provide some gouge on how billets work, and how different they are from OCS billets? thanks.

There will be two different kinds of billets-
Garrison Billets and Field Billets.
Garrison Billets are two weeks long, Field Billets are variable... they might last 1 hour during a FEX I Offense Attack, or They might last several days during the later fexes.
Billets are not graded in the same way as they were at OCS- where you get either an UNSAT, MARGINAL, or FAVORABLE. Instead the SPC or AI will take the time to write up several paragraphs about your performance.

As with OCS, expect to deal with dirtbags who don't want to do their jobs, spotlight types who obviously want to look good in front of the SPC, and expect to take the blame for things that genuinely aren't your fault. Maintain your patience, and have a sense of humor about the whole thing.

UORBulldog

i got some:

1. are all events planned out ahead of time for the whole 6 months like, for example, will you know what PT event you will be doing in 3 weeks? Or do they just spring **** on you the night before like at OCS?
2. With what company and when do most of the PLC guys class up?
thanks gents

KBayDog

Yes, the events are planned out months in advance. You even get a six-month schedule that has every event laid out.

HOWEVER...

...yes, the events are sprung on you the night before, just like OCS. The schedule is always changing, most of the time from minute to minute. That is also the nature of the military, so perhaps OCS/TBS provide good training in that respect.

Semper Gumby, brother.

USMCSNA

"TBS is awesome when you start training"
You wake up each morning wishing that you were either dead, or had chosen another career path...Just kidding. The daily routine is actually what makes TBS go by as quickly as it does. Just prepare to stay long hours and get used to feeling very dirty for long periods of time. Don't blow off land nav or the e/o course, and you'll have nice weekends to hang out with family, or to go out and drink yourself away from TBS. Everyone says that they hate it when it is going on, but when you stop back and think about the great friends you've made, it's hard not to laugh at some of the stupid things that we did here.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
The days drag by, but the weeks fly by. After the rifle range time flew quickly. Especially when you fill in the down time with X-Box, super-troopers, Goldmember and the price is right.

Don't forget about wing night at the hawk. Wed's you'll get a free plate of wings with a pitcher of beer....do they still do that?

KBayDog

E5B said:
Especially when you fill in the down time with X-Box, super-troopers, Goldmember and the price is right.

Come On Down!

That crusty old dude is the only thing that kept me sane. Fortunately, being a brown-bagger, I got to stay in my room during the short lunch break and watch the fabulous pricing games.

Don't get wrapped up in the TBS schedule, or live meal-to-meal, or anything like that. The day is too flex for those milestones. Just remember that they can't stop the clock, the weekend WILL come, and you'll be fine.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
KBayDog said:
Don't get wrapped up in the TBS schedule, or live meal-to-meal, or anything like that. The day is too flex for those milestones.

I lived Beer to Beer and that seemed to work for me.

KBayDog

E5B said:
I lived Beer to Beer and that seemed to work for me.

I didn't drink at all during TBS. I simply lived from Op order to Op order. When I wasn't in the classroom, I was studying my pubs. When I wasn't studying my pubs, I was practicing Land Nav. I'd even come in on Sundays and make up a land nav card just for some extra practice. I went to the armory each weekend and checked out the crew-served weapons just to practice taking them apart and putting them together. I even made CDs of knowledge so I could listen to them during my commute from Aquia Terrace to Camp Barrett. I wish I was back there...

Malice 1

pilot
Noob checking in here.

I am supposed to go to TBS this summer some time. I don't know when yet. I am getting commissioned in june.

What exactly is a brown bagger? I take it from context that means someone who is married and gets to go home to thier wife at night. That would be me. What is a typical day for a married guy?

I have 4 cars. Do I get a blue parking sticker for all of them?

Malice 1

pilot
Michael W said:
Yes you are a brown bagger. Your day? The exact same as everyone else except you get to tack on another 10-45 minutes roundtrip to/from work. A tip? There is a back gate to TBS, putting it a measley 5 minutes from Stafford. Get a place there, we have a guy who lives way up N because he thought the front gate was the only way in. Yes, you can get 4 stickers.............I think? Don't listen to KBay, you don't have to study 24/7 to do well here. Well, even though he's got to be kidding, some people who are really "unintelligent" need to. This stuff is dumbed down incredibly.

Thanks for the info. I am looking at an apartment in Rippon landing right now. I think it is about a 15 minute drive from base. It has a garage. I really need a garage because I have a pro street camaro and a super street Trans Am. They require a lot of love and attention.

Now that you mention it, I will look around a little for a pad in stafford. Maybe I will get lucky and find one with some garage space. It's not like I'll ever have time to work on the cars, but it's nice to pretend.

I looked at the TBS website. It looks as though I will be in Echo or Fox company. Any Gouge, mean SPC's, etc...?

I never studied in college, and I graduated with a 3.2. I am not too worried.

KBayDog

Michael W said:
Well, even though he's got to be kidding, some people who are really "unintelligent" need to. This stuff is dumbed down incredibly.

What, me kid?

Actually, I think I studied 24 minutes every week. Seriously, the knowledge isn't hard. Just pay attention in class, pay attention to the foot-stomping, pay attention to the reviews, and DO NOT pay attention to the Mike Co. gouge.

Malice 1

pilot
24 minutes sounds good to me. I thought the OCS stuff was pretty simple. I didn't study much for that either.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Honestly man, they keep you long enough in those classes before the tests that its hard for me to reason why anyone would need to study when its beaten into your head for so long. Oh yeah and the ceiling tiles will fall on you. Those of us who have been there know what I am talking about...classroom condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.