• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A question for you Herc drivers

A.Kuettel

Do the Marines have thier own specific training for refueling operations, or does the AF teach you this at Little Rock AFB? Was wondering because I didn't think the AF uses 130's in the refueling role.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
The only training you get is getting qualified to be a refueling controller. That is getting receivers in and out and full of gas in single and section refueling flights. Unless they have changed it, I think it is all done once you get to your AD squadron. Other than that, just keep it straight and level.

KC130FE

Livin' the Life!
Here it is in a nutshell. Once you finish T-44 training in Corpu$, you have two paths depending on MC needs. You can go to the legacy training (T) at VMGR-234 in Ft Worth and be at the mercy of grumpy FRS instructors. MCO P3500.88 (T&R) has all the required flights and hours. Or you can end up on the other path, for the "J". KC-130J training begins at Cherry Point, NC where you will get 1.5 million sim rides. Once that is done you will report to the fleet (Cherry Point, Miramar, or Okinawa sometime in 07) for your 5 flights and a check ride. As for the KC-130J T&R, I am not privy to that publication, although I know it exists. Good luck!

propwash

seems most jet avatars aren't even pilots yet
pilot
USAF does use MC-130P hercs or maybe other (to them) special versions of the C-130 to refuel their MH-53 helos. But it is special mission type thing for them.

As a Marine you will not learn anything about refueling at Little Rock, if you even go. As soon as you show up to your first Marine Squadron, Pilot or Crew, you will get your training.