• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-Pool Inspection

fierceseaman

pilot
Guys, I just heard that on Thursday, August 3, 2006 there is going to be an A-Pool Inspection. People who fail this inspection are going to be put in a trouble group till the next inspection.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Inspection of what? Uniforms? If you can't make a uniform presentable enough to pass an API inspection, you've got issues.

fierceseaman

pilot
yes its uniforms. and yes i know its easy but you don't have to chomp my head off. i just thought i'd let people know. evidently someone was bragging about how much they've been drinking every night and someone important heard that and we are going to get a uniform inspection and a firm "talking to". people who don't pass will have to be reinspected and will be put into a "trouble group". i'm just letting people know. don't shoot the messenger.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
yes its uniforms. and yes i know its easy but you don't have to chomp my head off. i just thought i'd let people know. evidently someone was bragging about how much they've been drinking every night and someone important heard that and we are going to get a uniform inspection and a firm "talking to". people who don't pass will have to be reinspected and will be put into a "trouble group". i'm just letting people know. don't shoot the messenger.

Just curious, is there a large a pool population on AW? Thanks for the heads up though...

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
evidently someone was bragging about how much they've been drinking every night.

Nothing new there. Same thing happened when I was in A-pool last year. Inspection? They do inspections in A-pool? Never happened. And as mentioned earlier, you have serious issues if you fail an A-pool uniform inspection.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
yes its uniforms. and yes i know its easy but you don't have to chomp my head off.

They weren't chomping your head off...get some thicker skin...your going to need it in a wardroom.

i just thought i'd let people know. evidently someone was bragging about how much they've been drinking every night and someone important heard that and we are going to get a uniform inspection and a firm "talking to".

Good on ya...the BFs in the Navy sometimes make it far...but then again, sometimes they get thrown off a ship.

As for the drinking part...drinking is a personal choice, but braggin about it is going to piss off the stashed SWO there because, despite my hate for PCness, it's unofficer like and inappropriate. There must have been an audience for it, and that is also unofficer like and inappropriate. So grab that SOB and let him know that he should be the one polishing your shoes...and also realize that the system does work. I would put some money on possibility that he will probably F something up within the next few years. And you don't want to be there when he does.

people who don't pass will have to be reinspected and will be put into a "trouble group". i'm just letting people know. don't shoot the messenger.

Concur on above. You should present a good uniform EVERY time you walk around base...and if you fail an API inspection, than most likely, you're really not giving much of a damn on your appearence.

Either way...good luck. Have the inspection and then hit up the OClub for drinks.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot

Just wait till you get to the wing pool if you go to Whiting, only a recall on most mornings for roster but just wait till someone misses it. Its not unusual to have a formation in dress uniforms as a result...

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
ahhh, when you are having your inspection.....I'll be wearing khakis for the second to last time!!! YAY!

(as in not wearing khakis everyday)

GMan1976

Banned
Just wait till you get to the wing pool if you go to Whiting, only a recall on most mornings for roster but just wait till someone misses it. Its not unusual to have a formation in dress uniforms as a result...

yeah, we had a couple musters when I was in the Whiting pool. Standing for over an hour in the 90 degree sun. One in SDBs and the other in Whites. Both because some shmoe forgot to PHONE MUSTER the day prior!!!

...at least the 2nd guy to fck it up got something right... he brought donuts in for everyone.

Take note... if you BF an entire pool and force people to spend however many $$ on gas to get to muster (not to mention the pain in the a$$ of it), you better bring treats and not just a smile and an apology!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Take note... if you BF an entire pool and force people to spend however many $$ on gas to get to muster (not to mention the pain in the a$$ of it), you better bring treats and not just a smile and an apology!
You guys should be bringing treats to the staff for not making you drive in to muster every day. Phoning in to muster every morning is a privilige to be given, not a right to be taken away.

trvsmrtn

pilot
When I was in the Whiting pool, the guys on watch doing the phone musters were guys that were also in the pool. I realize that it's not your responsibility to do so, but if there's only 15 minutes left and you still have a few guys who haven't called in to muster, give them a courtesy call and remind them that if they fail to muster it could end up screwing you all.