• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A couple Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miramar

I turned in my BDCP package about 5 weeks ago and am hoping to hear back one way or the other within the next week or two. If I'm fortunate enough to get a professional recommendation, there are a few questions lurking around in my head:

1) Is the normal BDCP process supposed to be to turn in all test scores, grades, security info, etc. and then if pro rec'd to proceed to the health physical and fitness test?

2) If I were to be pro rec'd, how important are my PRT scores going to be? Would I basically be guaranteed in as long as I was above the flight minimums, or would I still need to have real competitive scores?

3) Does anyone know where I could find a list of all MEPS locations? I'm from Florida, but I'm spending the summer at the University of N. Dakota in order to get a little flight time. My recruiter wants me to come all the way back to Jacksonville, but if there were any alternate locations around the Midwest it would obviously be a little more convenient.

Thanks for all the help guys.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
1) yes
2) not sure since they changed, but I would bust my arse on the prt make it look good
3) There is a Meps in Chicago but I'm not sure how that would work. What part of Florida are you from and whos the recruiter?

Dave

My app for BDCP went in over two months ago and I still haven't heard back. I think I'm going crazy waiting. I just want to know!!! Is this a normal time for waiting? Also, my recruiter just went on vacation like, this week and wont be back 'till August 1st. I'm confused as to how I will know if I get prof. rec'd if he is on vacation. He gave me a number of a girl I can call to find out about my "status" so should I try calling her? This whole waiting this is driving me nuts!!!

cyphertube

Just wondering what programs y'all who are waiting really, really long are going in for. Anybody care to enlighten. It'd be a nifty poll, perhaps.

Miramar

My application's been going on six weeks now, but that's for SNA/NFO, which appears to take the longest.

apendle

I just wanted to add my 2 cents, I am a BDCP'er (pilot)goin' on 1 year now, and just as a heads up it takes a long, long, time to get an answer on your package. It could take anywhere from 7 to 9 months, so be patient. There's a saying in the navy "Hurry up and Wait!" this could not be more true, then when it comes to getting into the BDCP. I heard that there's a board that meets about twice a month determining who gets in the program, and some months they won't get to your package. So again be patient, but once your in your quite possibly set for life. Its worth the wait. Take care, see ya in the fleet.

I'm applying for BDCP for NFO. (still waiting by the way) But it can't take 7 to 9 months for me because I'm going into my senior year. I was hopeing to be done with it by the time school starts. It's seriously driving me nuts! Oh, my recruter told me about... 7 weeks ago that the board had been looking at my app. and had called him with a question about my transcripts (we have a fall and winter semester instead of fall and spring and so I guess they were confused) But that meens that they looked at it right? So, what, did they put it at the bottom of the pile again after that? They couldn't have lost it could they??? Plus, I'm doing a full time internship right now in Washington, DC and getting paid $0 the whole summer, which is usually when I make the majority my money, so I'm going to be BEYOND poor if I don't get in and I'm just really stressed about it. I'd survive I guess, I just really want to go to OCS and the money would REALLY help me out. If I don't get it I'll still apply again though... but I hope I hope I hope I do!!!

apendle

Just remember that the navy works on there schedule, not yours. I know it sucks but I believe you'll be fine. When I was stressing about my application I kept visualizaing my package sitting on someones desk collecting dust. Which is probably a realistic scenario. It goes from one step to antoher and in between the necessary steps it could wait in a filing cabinet, or in someone's inbox for a while. Keep your head up, your going to make it. Just have patience, worrying doesn't help, but a
little bit of lighting a fire under your recruiter can't hurt. Keep the faith.

RobNLa: I'm from Michigan...
Just to share... I'm going to the Navy museum either tomarrow or next Wednesday here in DC!!! I go to the Navy memorial alot (to eat lunch) since I work like two blocks away from it, but I haven't been to the museum yet. I'm sooo excited! It'll probably make me more antsy, but ah well, it's gonna be fun!

srvmcm

I found the wait not to be so bad. I turned my package in in November 2001 and was sworn in Jan. 7 2002.

Just out of curiousity, what is the difference if you're professionally recommended or not? I would guess it would be the greatest thing... when the DI sees you're some kind of cool kid he'll probably mash you... I could be wrong though... but what's the difference?

It's just a different way they're making you apply now. You have to apply twice. First time they have to professionaly recomend you, then you apply again and then you can really be accepted. And just so ya know, I still haven't found out... grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.