• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A couple Primary questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Ok, I posted this in a couple of places to get a variety of people to respond and help us out- so if you see this in different places, that is why.

My fiance Greg is in API now (after only having a 3 week wait after OCS (class 18-03)) and he has been told (unofficially) that we are heading to Corpus for Primary. He is pretty certain that he'll head to Corpus- since one of the reasons a LT. put him in the class so quickly is that he agreed and wanted to head to Corpus. Well, we are well into the 3rd week, leaving us three more until he's done with API, and we don't know how soon he has to report, whether we should start packing, should we or how do we start looking for a place in Corpus??? I just really need to know out there from anyone that has ever done this, or knows of anyone that has, how does this all work? We will be getting married in 10 days- so that is not a concern (ie: of whether they'll move my stuff, etc.) but we'd just like to know how soon after API we need to head to CC. (Or wherever the orders state us to go...)

I'd love it if anyone can give me some insight!! Right now, we are just really lost!
blindfold_125.gif
I think that this will help others that are close to crossing this bridge or those who may be a ways off, but will know what to expect. Thanks to anyone that has any info for us!

Heather

Supporting my Ducky in the Navy

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
When I went through API, knowing I was going to Corpus, we didn't get our orders until that very last Thursday in sixth week. Check out on Thursday, leave Friday, report no later than the next Monday in Corpus. The best thing you can do throughout training when you have questions like this are talk to the guys that are in your situation further ahead... I guarantee that if your fiance goes into the API lounge and finds somebody in a flightsuit wearing a cool white tshirt he will get the answer. And if you are truly stressed about it he can go to student control and get the definitive answer. Hope this helps, and enjoy steamy south Te-jas.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Thanks for the info! It sounds like things are still happening that last minute now! It just makes it really hard to plan anything. I feel sorry for the families that have children and have to yank them out of school so quickly- and without much notice! It just seems like it is really tough. Would you recommend moving yourself, or having the Navy move us?? Just out of curiousity, how was primary for you?? It looks like you're in intermediate now?? Best of luck to you!

Heather

Supporting my Ducky in the Navy

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
He has to be there by the next Monday, but you don't. I suggest you have the Navy move your stuff. Wait for the pick-up and then meet him at CC later.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Hilby

Student Control in the API building should have some Corpus Christi relocation packets. I know they did when I went through a couple of years ago. I would recommend checking out Bay Point apartments in Corpus. Many SNA's live there and it is close to base. There are many apartments to choose from just pick up an Apartment Guide when you get there. Hope this helps and enjoy TX.

Fatboy

pilot
They do a pretty good job at not changing around married folks orders here. Unlike myself who is single, got switched without knowing it at week 4. Week 4 they pass out a sheet that has everyones name and training wing on it. I talked to student control and they told me that is final word. Your orders will be available on the bupers web site on the wednesday of week 5. That thursday you'll go to personal property brief and set up the move. I would have the navy move it. Partial do-it-yourselfs are good if you have a pickup. But have the navy move almost everything. I've done it both ways. Renting a big uhaul is a nightmare if you have allot of stuff. They will schedule the move on the date you want. Probablly thursday or friday of week 6. Graduate on friday and get in the car to corpus.

Status
Not open for further replies.