• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A couple ASTB questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Av8or72Dan

I will be taking the test on the 17th of Dec. Needless to say, but I'm studying my butt off. Concerning the math section, are there a lot of questions asked about fractions, trig (sin and cos stuff), and distances of a line on a graph? I have been studying the Arco book, cliff notes, and the practice tests on navygouge.com. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ty

Kycntryboy

pilot
1 question on my test had trig... thats it, when I took it (was another form) all it had really was a bunch of alegebra. If you've taken a couple classes in Calc. there should really be no problem as long as you freshen up which I believe you have.

Av8or72Dan

Are these the sections of the ASTB?:

-Math/Verbal
-Mechanical
-Spatial

The LT told me that I will be taking the test on the computer. From what I read
from this site, guess it's a good thing.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
I posted a response to a similar question on this thread: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8502

I don't know if these are still applicable to the computerized version of the test. Someone can correct me on that if necessary.

Take a look and see if it helps. Also, remember SOHCAHTOA for trig questions and you will be fine. Keeping in mind the length of the sides of a 30-60-90 triangle and 45-45-90 triangle can also be useful. Hope this is helpful to you.

Av8or72Dan

Are the AVIATION AND NAUTICAL INFORMATION TEST and the AVIATION SUPPLEMENTAL TEST pretty much the same? Thanks for the help

aiguo

I just took the computer version last month. I don't remember that much trig; maybe just a couple of triangle problems? There did seem to be several percentage or ratio problems, though. Good luck!!!

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
From what I recall from taking both versions, in the computer version there are arithmetic, math, mechanical, navy, spatial apperception. For some reason I feel like there is another part strictly concerning flight questions, i.e. what does an aileron do, what is an NFO, etc etc. But I think this might be included in the navy part. Hope this helps

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
aiguo said:
I just took the computer version last month. I don't remember that much trig; maybe just a couple of triangle problems? There did seem to be several percentage or ratio problems, though. Good luck!!!

Umm...many triangle problems are easier to solve using basic trig so you don't waste time calculating. These include word problems where the question asks you to imagine a triangular circumstance. In any case, I took the ASTB in October and I did have at least three questions that could be solved using trig. It took me perhaps a minute each to do them since I remembered the formulas.

Status
Not open for further replies.