• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

Hey Guys,

My recruiter forwarded me a letter that said I'm in for the the 18 March 2018 OCS class... which is about 3 months sooner than I was originally told when he called and said I was in.

Any other pilot designators get a letter already? I originally was told it would be a month to get a letter with a class date and then probably at least another 2 months before the class report date. Let me know what you guys know so far.

I got picked up and now I am waiting for my security clearance to come back. My recruiter also said I may be going to the March 18th class. I hope to go after that to be honest. Good luck in the March class.

LZ71

Just checking in, I applied for the Feb 7th board and found out on the 8th or 9th (I think) that I was auto-selected for a SNA slot. Some info:

ASTB: 68/9/9/9
GPA: 3.71
Major: Aerospace Engineering

I haven't received a FINSEL yet and my recruiter said the Navy works slow, that it could be a few months for me to hear anything back. I read through this thread and hear some people having turnaround within weeks even.

Edit: read through the FINSEL purgatory thread, looks like it's random for who gets pushed through when. In any case, I'm hoping for April (I marked down March as first available) as I forgot about a friend's wedding...looking forward to going regardless!

Last edited:

Mike D.

Contributor
I got picked up and now I am waiting for my security clearance to come back. My recruiter also said I may be going to the March 18th class. I hope to go after that to be honest. Good luck in the March class.

Same here. My recruiter said my finger prints expired?? So I had to go get them done again (paper copy this time). I mailed them to recruiter and he mailed them whererever they needed to go for security clearance...recruiter and civ in the office said I won't know ship date until I get a finsel

mke07

Your investigation just has to be opened before going to OCS. Most don't have clearance till after they're already commissioned according to my recruiter.
I am pretty sure you have to have a clearance before you can apply. They just changed that for FY18.

Dylan Lurie

I am pretty sure you have to have a clearance before you can apply. They just changed that for FY18.

So does this mean everyone is getting bumped to the top of the OPM clearance investigation list? Or are we shipping with interim clearances? I've heard from many sailors that TS/SCI clearances are currently taking 400+ days to investigate and adjudicate.

mke07

So does this mean everyone is getting bumped to the top of the OPM clearance investigation list? Or are we shipping with interim clearances? I've heard from many sailors that TS/SCI clearances are currently taking 400+ days to investigate and adjudicate.
Idk honestly. My clearance was adjudicated back in September so it's never really been a thought for me. I'd imagine it'll just be an interim clearance if you don't have one.