• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

6 more hours, and I've reached the end of the Internets...

phrogpilot73

I've never played jokes while on watch that I can remember. But I do remember a slightly humorous story when I was standing ODO. I had to go over to the MWSS and sign for some radios, but I was on ODO. "Hey Dude, can you watch the desk for me for 20 minutes?" "Sure, no problem." So I brief him on who's flying, who's supposed to fly, etc...

20 minutes later I return, and figure I'll pop my head in the CO's office and brief him on the computers we're supposed to be getting. I poke my head in his office and he's not there - and one of the S-1 types is in there and says "I think he's in the ready room dealing with the mishap." Mis-what?!? Down to the ready room I go, and the first person I see is my buddy who covered the desk for me. He takes the time to say "thanks a lot asshole."

Good news was that the crew was mostly OK...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...He takes the time to say "thanks a lot asshole."

Reminds me of the scene from "Fast Times" in the burger joint where Arnold goes to the bathroom and Brad covers for him then gets fired.......
Brad2.jpg

"Hope you had a hell of a sh!t Arnold."

-ea6bflyr ;)

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
we had an instructor that left an islamic alarm clock in the ceiling above the duty and it went off in the middle of the night playing that prayer song they listen too, and the duty freaked out and called the security guards saying he thought terrorists were in the building
PM me name of said SDO so that I may ridicule them.

WIDGET

currently on the second season of entourage. it wasn't until 2am that i remembered airwarriors was one of the permitted sites.
anyone else have watch in CTW-6? where the coffee maker produces a loud gurgling sound just as you let your guard down?
and why do we stand watch in khakis??

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
You will ALWAYS stand watch in Khakis. Welcome to the Navy.

I remember some of those late-night wing watches in Corpus. 1800-0600, and you were one of three people on the base at night- the other two being rent-a-cops at the gate. I read the T-34C NATOPS cover to cover, that's how I got jets.

MasterBates

I have not stood watch in Khakis in 5 or so years. Stood a metric ass-ton of duty, but mostly in a bag. Once in SDBs because of being SDO during a COC and a couple times in AWGs because I can.

The grand total of khaki wearing since wings: less than 2 weeks total in 5 years.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your fleet watchstanding uniform will be driven by your Squadron CO. We convinced our Skipper that the SDO in a bag was a good thing. Especially when someone came in med down for a flight....then the SDO could fly! Way sweet. We called it the flying SDO program.

-ea6lfyr ;)

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
currently on the second season of entourage. it wasn't until 2am that i remembered airwarriors was one of the permitted sites.
anyone else have watch in CTW-6? where the coffee maker produces a loud gurgling sound just as you let your guard down?
and why do we stand watch in khakis??

I avoided CTW-6 as much as humanly possible. Glad I got stashed somewhere else so I didn't have to stand those worthless watches.

As for a watch floor.... I actually enjoyed the 6th fleet one in naples. Since I worked weekend nights it was normaly quiet and the work would be done 1-2 hours into the shift and given the time difference I could then sit and watch football for the rest of the night!