• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

5th Grader's View of Navy Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

That's it. Screw this Marine Corps flying stuff. I already know a couple of numbers, I think I can learn to read a map, and I like money and girls.

Is the Navy accepting interservice transfers for someone who has yet to start API?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
webmaster said:
That kid is going to go FAR....

what would you say....his chances of getting Jets is? I know, I know, it is nearly random, but really, what do you think....

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Funny how much closer that 5th grader is in his perception of Naval Aviators than many of the members on this site. Well... maybe not as 'funny' as it is 'sad.'

Kycntryboy

pilot
PropStop said:
what would you say....his chances of getting Jets is? I know, I know, it is nearly random, but really, what do you think....
Once again they are looking for the all-around person to lock up for the FY2017. Can he swing himself over the bars, Can he kick a homerun in kickball, is he the first person picked, what kind of grades does he make (checks or check minuses), all of this factors in.

KBayDog

Kycntryboy said:
Once again they are looking for the all-around person to lock up for the FY2017. Can he swing himself over the bars, Can he kick a homerun in kickball, is he the first person picked, what kind of grades does he make (checks or check minuses), all of this factors in.

He needs to get his package in ASAP. I saw a couple of stashed ensigns at API the other day who will be his API classmates in 2017.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
PropStop said:
I agree completely with squeeze on this one, I doubt this kid would have any problems with the program, and wouldn't need to ask that question. But then again, he or she would be REALLY smart, and going P3s instead, so it makes the whole "am I gonna get jets question" really moot.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I used this kid's (?) short essay (which has been around for over 25 years, by the way) as the introduction page on my Master's Thesis. Worked like a charm ... :icon_mi_1

webmaster said:
But then again, he or she would be REALLY smart, and going P3s instead, so it makes the whole "am I gonna get jets question" really moot.
...... sigh ...... I weep for the future of NavAir ...

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Wow, this kid has OBVIOUSLY not seen Top Gun. He totally left out beach volleyball.

In relation to the number one Navy recruitment aid of all time, my Management 320 (HR Management) professor, who was a SWO for 4 years, showed a comparison/contrast of a video clip from Top Gun, and a video clip from one of the days on his ship as an example of the concept of "Realistic Job Preview." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.