• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

55% chance U.S. disintegrates, sez Russian academic

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

This is a fun little WSJ article detailing the beliefs of a Russian Foreign Ministry analyst, and former KGB man. U.S. going to pieces in a year or two? Would call shenanigans but the article portrays him as a fairly mainstream dude, and just shows how crazy some perspectives are. Wonder if he's got the ear of this guy:
0345_60putin.jpg

being all ex-KGB and all.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
LOL! That was pretty entertaining to read. The Texas Republic under the control or influence of Mexico. Preposterous. Even if the scenario were to happen with a civil war breaking apart the United States, I don't believe that it would result in sections of the country falling under the influence or control of other countries.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
We had a great laugh at the graphic today in ops... 'cause I'm *sure* that Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina and West Va. will all want to join the EU... :rolleyes:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
At least all those Air National Guard guys down here will still have a job flying for their home Republics.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Holy crap, this is hilarious. Alabama/Mississippi would join Mexico, W. Va and the Carolina's to the EU? This guy has obviously never set foot in the US, and knows nothing of the red blooded American Redneck.

P1-AO116_RUSPRO_NS_20081228191715.gif

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
If there's every any kind of American civil war again, it'll be rural vs urban. No clean lines to divide on a map a la 1861, just isolated population centers in the middle of big swaths of rural america. This guy is off his rocker.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
haha, i'm not saying i'm loading up the guns to shoot them damn city dwellers when they get outta line.

I'm saying his thought that clean lines would define a future american dissolution is foolish. our country doesn't break down along state lines any more; the divide (if there is one as drastic as the media would make it out to be) is between rural and urban.

I'll put the tin foil hat back in the closet, for now, flash.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
doesn't count to them. no one is deposed with a 9mm aneurysm in our country when power changes hands.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I didnt realize Jericho was coming back for a third season. Guess its under Russian direction now...