• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2nd Lt Pay

haubby

None
Contributor
Oh come on now, don't get snippy.

Long time no see, how's the STA-21 thing going?

Wasn't meant to be snippy, just that it can be humbling to see the other side of the pay chart.

PM inbound.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Why don't you go talk to the E-4's and below who get half of that.

Relax.

I realize that very few of our military members receive fair monetary compensation for the sacrifices they make... I was just saying that for the qualifications most of the Marine 2nd Lts at TBS possessed, the hours put in, and the 6 or 7 to a room living situation - The pay was less than stellar.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Relax.

I realize that very few of our military members receive fair monetary compensation for the sacrifices they make... I was just saying that for the qualifications most of the Marine 2nd Lts at TBS possessed, the hours put in, and the 6 or 7 to a room living situation - The pay was less than stellar.

Your complaint seems more like a quality of life issue and not a monetary one, which is what I was getting at. You're getting paid w/ very low mandatory expenditures and very little time to blow your cash on fun stuff. Sounds like life on the boat.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Relax.

7 to a room, really? How did you manage? I heard everyone in the gator fleet gets there own room can anyone confirm? :icon_wink

navy09

None
Thanks for the humor, but per the post, I have read the online chart. It does not give gross pay numbers, just net income. I have seen the online caculators but they all come up with different numbers. I was hoping somebody could give me a first hand account.

Are you asking how much you pay in taxes? You're taxed on base pay, not allowances.

Google federal tax withholdings and then the withholdings from your home state. After the fed taxes, you should take home about $3700/month, less whatever state taxes you pay.

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
So do you get Flight pay while you are in Primary and FRS or does that come after winging and you get into missions?

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
OOOO I hadn't been expecting that. More money to help pay off the student loans from hell.