• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

29 Sept 2007

wheels

Primary
Cleared Medical 8/21 so now its up to CNRC to give the date but I hope to be in the sept 29th class as well, anyone passing through PA is welcome to meet up and we can get a convoy going.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Anyone else hear about OCS being cut down to 11 weeks starting with class 01-08?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Guys who have orders to 01-08 have Nov 2 as their graduation date....

quid.non

hmm...
I guess that means a theoretical graduation before Christmas for those of us in this class. Although Im not going to bet on it.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
The info on the OCS website says that classes that are there over Christmas will get a 16 day break for Christmas and New Years. You have to take leave to go home during that break, and you will go in the hole if you take all 16 days.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Guys who have orders to 01-08 have Nov 2 as their graduation date....
I'm waiting to hear that from someone who really knows what's up to confirm. Not someone's wife who's never been in the Navy. :icon_tong

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I'll definitely agree with you on that... She tends to piss me off with her "gouge", but I had heard rumors this was gonna take place for sometime. It makes sense that if they were gonna make the change this would be the time to do it. The whole leave thing blows though (as you can read on the actual OCS site...). I don't want to go in the hole to go home for Christmas... hell I dont want to use any of my leave during OCS, but I guess the alternative will be to sit around standing duty or whatnot in Newport waiting to class back up.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
To have a negative leave balance. I believe you can go up to 10 in the hole (-10). But it would generally be a bad idea since if something else came up (family emergency) or if you needed to take leave after you wouldn't have any more to use.

Another + for the Best Damn Commissioning Program is that you will likely show up with more leave already saved up that you could use to take a longer break.

quid.non

hmm...
I was reading an old thread on the Christmas subject on here and they were saying that days in the hole come out of your pay before you can graduate from ocs. Does anyone know if this is still true?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
And its a 16 day break with only 6 or 7 days of leave built up...

TheBear82

So here's my question.....

What is our graduation date? Anyone know? Is it before or after Christmas? If I counted correctly, 12 weeks would be 21 Dec 2007. Anyone have a clue?