• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28FEB2023 IWC PROBOARD

brianl93

Hmm well the last IWC board took roughly 8 weeks but that was also during the holiday time periods. So accounting for that if it's around 6 weeks I wouldn't be too surprised, but a mere 2 weeks would be spectacular obviously.
Good point. We shall see. I'm hopeful, but the GPA bit has me worried. I'm hoping they look at my transcripts and go oh, he didn't do so hot in nursing classes, but joined the navy and absolutely crushed cyber courses.....but given the number of applicants I'm sure that's not going to be the case.

Sigma1998

Good Evening,

Good Luck to all who applied for the IWC board for February 28th!

Sex: M
GPA: Undergraduate (3.3) Graduate (3.8)
Degrees: B.S. Computer Science Technology, M.S. in Cybersecurity
TIS: 2 years
Interview Appraisals: 2 O-6s, and 1 O-5 (Received all 10s across the board from them).
LORs: 2 O-6s and 1 CWO4
Designator Applying For: Cryptologic Warfare Officer 1810

*Feeling really confident but hoping and praying for the best??

ScholarBone

I'm still waiting on a confirmation if my package is being considered for the board..
Send me a DM with your name, I can get the list for you.

And that goes for anyone else who wants to know if you're on the at-board list or not.

EDIT: The list has been updated as of today (2 March). There are 45 applicants on the "at-board" list. (Note: These are only the names physically on the list. As we've seen before with processing issues, just because a name isn't on the "at-board" list doesn't necessarily mean that an individual's package is not being reviewed.)

According to the dashboard they still need 51 selectees for 1810 CW to meet their recruiting quota of 102. So the odds seem really, really good. But please do not take this to mean that every single applicant will be selected; that is not what I'm saying. There are many, many factors at play here that could disqualify any given candidate, so do not assume that you absolutely will be selected. In the same vein, don't assume that you won't be either.

Good luck to all of you!

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Send me a DM with your name, I can get the list for you.

And that goes for anyone else who wants to know if you're on the at-board list or not.

EDIT: The list has been updated as of today (2 March). There are 45 applicants on the "at-board" list. (Note: These are only the names physically on the list. As we've seen before with processing issues, just because a name isn't on the "at-board" list doesn't necessarily mean that an individual's package is not being reviewed.)

According to the dashboard they still need 51 selectees for 1810 CW to meet their recruiting quota of 102. So the odds seem really, really good. But please do not take this to mean that every single applicant will be selected; that is not what I'm saying. There are many, many factors at play here that could disqualify any given candidate, so do not assume that you absolutely will be selected. In the same vein, don't assume that you won't be either.

Good luck to all of you!
They put the selection goal over what they actually need, and like you said it doesn't mean everyone will get selected, boards can and have not picked people and let spots go unfilled. To meet FY 23 shipping goal CW looks like they only need 18 more to meet it.

brianl93

They put the selection goal over what they actually need, and like you said it doesn't mean everyone will get selected, boards can and have not picked people and let spots go unfilled. To meet FY 23 shipping goal CW looks like they only need 18 more to meet it.
How many for IP 1820? Can you tell?

ScholarBone

I know, I was just giving the numbers that were on the dashboard. That’s why I emphasized that it doesn’t mean everyone would get selected. Just trying to keep everyone in good spirits and share what I know.