• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 April 2014

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for this! I didn't even realize Navy Hymn and Star Spangled Banner were part of the knowledge until your post!
Technically yes. Know the Star Spangled Banner just because it's our national anthem. Also it was the last item I was asked on RLP. I know the whole thing, but she cut me off one line in and said I was all done. She may have just been checking to see if I called "Attention to" first, which you do with every song, as well as the Sailor's Creed.
The Navy Hymn usually isn't asked unless the DI/RDC hate you so much that they want you to roll, so they'll tell the inspector to fail you. Pretty rare occurrence, you have to be really messed up for that to happen. But that's pretty much the only time they ask the Navy Hymn, so don't waste your time studying it. On the incredibly remote chance they ask you, just take the hit. Your time would be better spent studying the things they'll definitely ask, like rates and ranks and general orders and Code of Conduct.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I really dig the Navy Hymn. Is there any time at all in the actual Navy when we get to sing it?
If you're the chuch-going folk, it might come up, I went almost every week I was there and they sang it once. Catholic service, I think. The Protestants got the whole lyrics-on-the-screen deal going on, which is also pretty nice. But I digress.
IS1, you might sing the service songs at quarters, if your RDC is keen on that then you'll be singing them a lot, or if you're running late for class you'll just get dismissed.
Tattoo. That's what comes before taps. But I don't think they do that anymore.

Spookcumber

Ah damn, thanks for passing that on. Haha hopefully after they hear my "wonderful" singing voice they won't want to hear it again :p

Also, I'm not sure if this worked because it's my first time creating a fb group, but I made one for our class if anyone is interested in joining (I saw other classes do this and thought it was a pretty good idea)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203687156508286/

Just PM or post here when you send a request to join so I know you're legit ;)