• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 November class

BDavis11

Contributor
If anyone is on the bike run club hit me up. I’m not trying to compete at all. I just like the motivation

BLinke

Just found out I will be in this class! I am currently deployed and supposed to be coming back the first week of November. Not looking forward to the fast turn around, but all of my worries on the ship are now gone that I got selected.

Jvilla96

I just tried to join the group me as well!
November 26th is hella close. I’ll be driving from NAS Fallon to Newport ???

nmohr

What time do y’all plan on checking in on the 24th? Im driving up from Norfolk & planned on spending Thanksgiving with family in New York on the way. For some reason I though the NLT was the 25th ?

Jacksa71

Hey guys, just wanted to give some insight as I am about to finish p-days tonight.

Do not bring 8-9 sets of gym clothes, you honestly don’t need that many. I recommend bringing ( it will be cold) one pair of jeans, 2 jogger sweats or shorts, with 3-4 shirts along a sweater or a jacket. You’ll have the time to do laundry whenever you want. There is a lot of free time during p days. Start making flash cards for the appendix sections and study bravo, once you have bravo down, start Charlie etc. When you show up have the priors start taking charge and guide you guys to look good. First impressions is everything, we look better then the class ahead of us so far due to being on time and quiet when in the classroom setting.

Broseph_25

Hey Congrats all on your selection for OCS! Sounds like y'all are going to be Class 07-24? I was a with class 07-22 almost two years ago; time flies. I'm currently an SNA in primary training and every so often like to jump back on here and answer any questions y'all may have. Please don't hesitate to message me. It's a way of paying it forward to those who reached out to us when we were lost in the sauce approaching our OCS date.

Feel free to ask about anything: arrival procedures, what to bring (I'm prior enlisted), what to do to best prepare, or just overall navigation of OCS.

One thing I'll address right now is the shock of arrival. The first week of in processing and anticipation can really get to some people (especially us aviators who learned our flight physicals were taking 16+ wks to process, good times in student pool though). The thought of DORing may not seem prevalent now but I was shocked how may people actually decide to DOR during my time at OCS. Even after all the BS y'all went through just to get the application submitted and then get accepted, people still DOR almost with no hesitation. To make matters worse, the threat of getting rolled looms. If you do get rolled, DO NOT take it personal. I saw absolute physical specimens get rolled in indoc phase during physical events and people like me who run 3 miles a year pass just fine. Rolling sucks sure because you watch you initial classmates move on and graduate before you but rolling presents an opportunity to really prepare yourself for the rest of OCS. Plus those who rolled into our class where like gold because of their experience. I say this because I saw so many people DOR after rolling or simple not wanting to be there regret it. Keep this in mind: if you DOR, you don't go home right away, you still have to be processes IN the Navy and THEN processed OUT. By the time those who DOR'ed got to go home, our class was selecting CandiO jobs.

People do have to DOR for other reasons that are beyond anyone's control. That happened to a couple people when I was there. If anything comes up that makes you think you're only option is to DOR, talk with your class team about it, they will find a way to help you out.

OCS is 13wks plus a mini break if you roll and it goes by fast. A great attitude, sense of humor, and teamwork makes the suck more tolerable. I wanted nothing more than for OCS to be over when I was there, but all my friends out here in primary training are from OCS.

Lmk if you have questions!

Good Luck!

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
Hey Congrats all on your selection for OCS! Sounds like y'all are going to be Class 07-24? I was a with class 07-22 almost two years ago; time flies. I'm currently an SNA in primary training and every so often like to jump back on here and answer any questions y'all may have. Please don't hesitate to message me. It's a way of paying it forward to those who reached out to us when we were lost in the sauce approaching our OCS date.

Feel free to ask about anything: arrival procedures, what to bring (I'm prior enlisted), what to do to best prepare, or just overall navigation of OCS.

One thing I'll address right now is the shock of arrival. The first week of in processing and anticipation can really get to some people (especially us aviators who learned our flight physicals were taking 16+ wks to process, good times in student pool though). The thought of DORing may not seem prevalent now but I was shocked how may people actually decide to DOR during my time at OCS. Even after all the BS y'all went through just to get the application submitted and then get accepted, people still DOR almost with no hesitation. To make matters worse, the threat of getting rolled looms. If you do get rolled, DO NOT take it personal. I saw absolute physical specimens get rolled in indoc phase during physical events and people like me who run 3 miles a year pass just fine. Rolling sucks sure because you watch you initial classmates move on and graduate before you but rolling presents an opportunity to really prepare yourself for the rest of OCS. Plus those who rolled into our class where like gold because of their experience. I say this because I saw so many people DOR after rolling or simple not wanting to be there regret it. Keep this in mind: if you DOR, you don't go home right away, you still have to be processes IN the Navy and THEN processed OUT. By the time those who DOR'ed got to go home, our class was selecting CandiO jobs.

People do have to DOR for other reasons that are beyond anyone's control. That happened to a couple people when I was there. If anything comes up that makes you think you're only option is to DOR, talk with your class team about it, they will find a way to help you out.

OCS is 13wks plus a mini break if you roll and it goes by fast. A great attitude, sense of humor, and teamwork makes the suck more tolerable. I wanted nothing more than for OCS to be over when I was there, but all my friends out here in primary training are from OCS.

Lmk if you have questions!

Good Luck!
What are the wait times for training looking like right now?

Broseph_25

What are the wait times for training looking like right now?
Last I heard SNFOs class up within about 3-4 months for NIFE and SNAs were around 8 months. It does change frequently. Primary is about a month for both SNFOs/SNAs. A little longer for SNAs going to Whiting.