• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 November class

BDavis11

Contributor
Hey we are in the same class! I'm going to start a groupme and share it here

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
I guess I'll be seeing y'all there. Not looking to shaving my head and looking like a minion again. Is anyone planning on bringing the uniforms they already have? Mine definitely aren't stenciled in the proper way anymore. ?

JoeBob1788

I guess I'll be seeing y'all there. Not looking to shaving my head and looking like a minion again. Is anyone planning on bringing the uniforms they already have? Mine definitely aren't stenciled in the proper way anymore. ?
As long as they’re serviceable, bring them. OCS staff are remarkably understanding about working around old stencils and markings if you have your old (or secondhand) uniforms. Save the money. For stuff you don’t have, hit up the officers section at your nearest NMCRS thrift store.

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
As long as they’re serviceable, bring them. OCS staff are remarkably understanding about working around old stencils and markings if you have your old (or secondhand) uniforms. Save the money. For stuff you don’t have, hit up the officers section at your nearest NMCRS thrift store.
Thanks for the info, I might just have to bust out the ol boot camp Navy ball cap for round two. ?

nefalexa

If we buy our own uniforms beforehand, what kind of boots do we need?

ahli482

If we buy our own uniforms beforehand, what kind of boots do we need?
I've seen black Belleville steel toe flight boots recommended. They have to be shineable and navy approved for nwus. If I'm not mistaken they issue bates at OCS but those give people a lot of feet issues. I currently wear the tan Bellevilles for work and they're really comfy. Going to try to get my command to issue me a free pair tomorrow ?