• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25 hrs. flight time from USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DakUSMC

Hello,

I finished PLC Seniors this summer and now I'm working on getting these 25 free flight hours going. My OSO told me to get price quotes from different flight schools around the area. The problem is that I'm the first person that he knows trying to do this program and together we're not sure exactly how it works. If anyone out there has done it, can you please provide me with some information?

For example, what kind of plane can I rent? Will I pay for it and get reimbursed? I have my private pilot now, can I do instrument training?

Any information would be appreciated!
Thanks a lot,

Dak

farkle84

if you have you private you are not qualified to get the hours for free. i had 32 hours after OCS and asked if the Marine Corps would give me the 25 hours. they said since i already had over 25 hours they would not do it. if you have 15 hours they will pay for 10 hours of flight time. and no they wont pay for 25 of instrument. already tried that too. but at least you wont have to go to IFS before TBS or before API.

DakUSMC

Thanks Farkle, I've also heard from others that I wasn't qualified, but my OSO says I'm good to go. He knows my situation, but I guess I better confirm with him again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Jold

Think the rule is that if you have completed your solo cross country for you ppl, then you cannot participate in IFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.