• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

Fifrein

Still Learning
I am running every night along with some crunches, push-ups, and some other bodyweight exercises. Also swimming too.

Swimming is something I don't have a lot of access to. I need to figure out how to get more of that done. I can swim, but not far or long. At least, not nearly as far or long as I can run. Certainly not fast.

Spartans1991

Doing about 11:30 on the run but pretty sure I can push harder and I also have the old man scores. I won't be getting my finsel for awhile still. Waiting on the results of the 12 Jun Intel board still.

TheWhale

I've mostly been resting this injury. Y'all have to remember to stretch thoroughly!! I have been able to make up cardio by swimming in the ocean and doing pushups and situps multiple times throughout the day.

Fifrein

Still Learning
Found these useful just to make sure to know what they're looking for in terms of form

Push-Ups:

Curl-Ups:

Yeah, I saw both of those a couple weeks back. I had been doing the pushups with my arms out to the sides, and had gotten to about 45 at a time. Then I realized I had to tuck in, and it’s a completely different set of muscles. I’m back up to 25 now, but it was a silly mistake! :confused:

Seniuram

So I remember someone bringing up travel to RI a while ago, so yesterday when I was requesting my FINSEL date I asked My OR about it.

You get 3 days of paid travel time. Anything outside that they don’t pay for. Each day you get $141.** for a hotel and a minimal amount of money (idr the amount) for food. Any money you don’t spend you get to pocket however they do not pay more. Keep your receipts for toll roads because you’ll be reimbursed. They pay $.19 /mi if you drive. If you’re flying they book the plane ticket for you.

The day you begin traveling is the day your “Base pay” starts.

Just what was said, no documentation given so take it with a grain of salt.

abctotheabc

So I remember someone bringing up travel to RI a while ago, so yesterday when I was requesting my FINSEL date I asked My OR about it.

You get 3 days of paid travel time. Anything outside that they don’t pay for. Each day you get $141.** for a hotel and a minimal amount of money (idr the amount) for food. Any money you don’t spend you get to pocket however they do not pay more. Keep your receipts for toll roads because you’ll be reimbursed. They pay $.19 /mi if you drive. If you’re flying they book the plane ticket for you.

Do you know if you get to pick what day you fly in? I've heard people flying in Saturday night right before OCS and some getting there earlier. I'd like to get there maybe Friday morning and spend the day and a half exploring and meeting any peeps from my class.

Seniuram

Do you know if you get to pick what day you fly in? I've heard people flying in Saturday night right before OCS and some getting there earlier. I'd like to get there maybe Friday morning and spend the day and a half exploring and meeting any peeps from my class.
He didn’t go into a lot of detail about flying cus I said I was driving. But what I picked up on when he mentioned it is you work with them to figure out when you want to get there in those 3 days and they book the ticket for you.

TheWhale

We booked my travel yesterday. I heard the same thing except the extra money for food. Although they did say food will be reimbursed. I think we can trust your ORs info.

abctotheabc

I'm doing cardio/pushups/situps/etc five days a week. Any one know if it's wise to go biking on my two rest days, or should I stick to just five days of cardio?