• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The list is definitely out. Since my name is not on it at all... lol

Also, I was looking at the board schedule, and I was curious what exactly low board numbers means? @RUFiO181 I'm expecting a sarcastic-ish answer which also provides additional understanding. Thanks.
View attachment 19211

It means it'll probably be less applicants than usual applying because recruiters holding over applications until next FY (starting 1 October).

Fifrein

Still Learning
Then why did you list your OCS availability so soon if you’re not physically and/or mentally prepared for OCS?

I figured it would increase my chances of being accepted, not knowing how the system worked. I also didn't know the exact requirements for the initial test. I just knew there would be harsh training, which I was looking forward to as a way to improve myself.

I found out I got selected for SNA last week but stayed off the forum as requested by my recruiter since official results weren't out.

Since the results are officially out, I feel the need to put my application information out there for those watching these forums for answers on what boards are looking for. If you look at my stats, I did not have good ASTB scores. Mine were just meeting minumum requirements. There has been a lot of talk on these forums about how the boards only care about ASTB scores but I am one those examples that proves not completely true. If you have the ability and oppurtunity to get appraisals and LOR's I suggest you do. I believe my personal statement and appraisal were the kickers that helped me get selected most but who knows. Check all the boxes you can on your application. Best of luck to those who are currently applying and those who are reapplying for the next board.

Prior Service: E-5/AM2 (4yrs active duty)
Degree: B.S. Business Administration- Management, SDSU
GPA: 3.67
Appraisals: O-6
LOR: (3) E-7, (1) O-3
Awards: 1 NAM, 1 FLOC, 1 Good Conduct
ASTB: 52 5/5/4
Board: 23 May 2018
SNA Prorec: Y
Class Date: unknown

andrewt

I found out I got selected for SNA last week but stayed off the forum as requested by my recruiter since official results weren't out.

Since the results are officially out, I feel the need to put my application information out there for those watching these forums for answers on what boards are looking for. If you look at my stats, I did not have good ASTB scores. Mine were just meeting minumum requirements. There has been a lot of talk on these forums about how the boards only care about ASTB scores but I am one those examples that proves not completely true. If you have the ability and oppurtunity to get appraisals and LOR's I suggest you do. I believe my personal statement and appraisal were the kickers that helped me get selected most but who knows. Check all the boxes you can on your application. Best of luck to those who are currently applying and those who are reapplying for the next board.

Prior Service: E-5/AM2 (4yrs active duty)
Degree: B.S. Business Administration- Management, SDSU
GPA: 3.67
Appraisals: O-6
LOR: (3) E-7, (1) O-3
Awards: 1 NAM, 1 FLOC, 1 Good Conduct
ASTB: 52 5/5/4
Board: 23 May 2018
SNA Prorec: Y
Class Date: unknown
Neat. What's the prof pic from?

P sure those are Apaches, check the tail rotor. I'm guessing you were Blackhawk aircrew? Weren't interested in WOFT army-side?

Apaches, you are totally right. Navy has always been my first option. I work on Navy Seahawks, basically the Navy version of the Blackhawk. I think the Navy has better bases you can get stationed at and I don't mind the deployments.

andrewt

Apaches, you are totally right. Navy has always been my first option. I work on Navy Seahawks, basically the Navy version of the Blackhawk. I think the Navy has better bases you can get stationed at and I don't mind the deployments.
Cool, and you'll have a leg up on everyone else if you select helos out of primary. Shitty bases in nice places is what they say apparently.
275 applicants for SNA/SNFO. 136 ProRec Y for SNA, 65 ProRec Y for SNFO, 74 ProRec N.
Is that on BUPERS or somewhere else where I cant get at it? Curious if they have more stats.

zachm5

Blue Angels Command LPO (Frontman)
Cool, and you'll have a leg up on everyone else if you select helos out of primary. Shitty bases in nice places is what they say apparently.

Is that on BUPERS or somewhere else where I cant get at it? Curious if they have more stats.
Not on BUPERS. Thats just the numbers from the list.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
Then what the hell is the point?! I actually never swam the mile in competition.. It'll be a nice new experience to see how boring those distance guys had it. My college coach had them doing 13,000 yards a day (insert puke emoji)
Literally to see if you can swim and not freak out in the water. You would be surprised how many people couldnt swim at RTC.