• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22aug2010

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Anyone else lucky enough to get to do some work at the recruiting office this summer? Also I heard that with the long waits for flight school they're trying to get guys to redesignate, or sending them to work back home until their API start date gets closer, or sending some guys to the postgraduate school in Monterey to get their masters degree before they start.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Anyone else lucky enough to get to do some work at the recruiting office this summer? Also I heard that with the long waits for flight school they're trying to get guys to redesignate, or sending them to work back home until their API start date gets closer, or sending some guys to the postgraduate school in Monterey to get their masters degree before they start.

My recruiter mentioned some local work with the recruiting officer here but at this point I have nothing official. If anyone gets sent to NPS I can show you around the area.

flopper

Hey, I also started out with an OCS date of 6 JUN 10, now moved to 22 AUG for BDCP SNA. I guess I can't complain, my BAH is almost 1800.

Gus Gorilla

You should all be so lucky to even get anything. Some of us are actually (gasp) working all summer because of being pushed back. Lucky dogs.

Gus Gorilla

I'm sure they're enjoying it. Which doesn't hurt me any. But I had to let jealousy rear it's ugly head for a minute...and poke some fun.
Everybody getting ready? We're inside the 3 month mark.

Lobster

ok ok you guys made your point, we don't take it for granted and if we ever get liberty the first round is on me :icon_wink

Gus Gorilla

Lobster, that's a done deal.
Ha, Lobster. Today I match Your name. 8hrs of knee/wakeboarding yesterday has left me a little red. I'm still getting my summer enjoyment in even with having to work so I can't complain.

beaverslayer

pilot
ok ok you guys made your point, we don't take it for granted and if we ever get liberty the first round is on me :icon_wink

Haha I'm just jealous man, no worries. I didn't make it into the BDCP, but hey I'm still going SNA so I'm not going to complain at all about my situation. I'll take you up on that offer though!

AV8R

First Round

Lobster, that's quite an offer. Better hope not too many people read these. As far as working at a recruiting office all I have to do is muster in via text message every day. Some days they'll need help and most days they don't. I did hear that they are trying to get guys to re-designate after getting to P-Cola, but hadn't heard about the post-grad stuff.