• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2020 AMDO

MizzTiger07

Don't wanna rain on your parade but we heard that for the SNA/SNFO board and still waited 3 weeks. With this new process how they're releasing the results it's taking significantly longer....

Not raining on my parade. No dog in the fight. Just wanted to pass some info I had based on OCM response when I asked for a Sailor that has a package in.

Lcleck

candidates never did that, they would put a date down in the "date available after" block, for AD the command would be asked when they could release them.
I was called by a Chief at NRC she told me the dates for the up coming available OCS classes and I told her which one I wanted (May 5). Then Paul Celestin sent an email to my CO and I asking for a release date and I said April 1.

exNavyOffRec

The other AMDOs selected with had a similar process if not identical.

That is rare when you look across all designators, depending on when the AMDO school is dictates when a person can go to OCS, given you are AD there is coordination between OCS and the command you are at, however if they need you in a specific OCS class they will pull you no matter what your command wants.

Civilians have basically no leeway, we have seen applicants who rec'd an OCS date and wanted to change it with no good reason and the responses were to ship on date assigned or decline the selection.

Lcleck

That is rare when you look across all designators, depending on when the AMDO school is dictates when a person can go to OCS, given you are AD there is coordination between OCS and the command you are at, however if they need you in a specific OCS class they will pull you no matter what your command wants.

Civilians have basically no leeway, we have seen applicants who rec'd an OCS date and wanted to change it with no good reason and the responses were to ship on date assigned or decline the selection.
The 6 AMDOs that went to OCS with me were all priors and we all had to I-stop at our commands for a month prior to heading down to Milton for school.

exNavyOffRec

The 6 AMDOs that went to OCS with me were all priors and we all had to I-stop at our commands for a month prior to heading down to Milton for school.

Sounds like the OCS dates would be limited if the AMDO class isn't too frequent and as such may have decided to work more with the commands, designators like SWO, SNA, SNFO, and Nuke have class ups frequently so pretty much any OCS class is an option.

NomadicWireChaser

Would OCS classes be consider mission essential for the selectees during the coronavirus hysteria? Given they would have to travel domestically? Just curious, I know more to this policy will come out today. Figured I would just go ahead and ask, since I know people are thinking it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Would OCS classes be consider mission essential for the selectees during the coronavirus hysteria? Given they would have to travel domestically? Just curious, I know more to this policy will come out today. Figured I would just go ahead and ask, since I know people are thinking it.

This has been asked and answered several times on here...

Business as usual until official guidance comes out.