• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 BAH rates

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, but the BAH is the same for a DINK couple and a family of six.

True. I suppose they could create BAH rates commiserate with the number of offspring but my guess is that they drew the line in the sand at with and without dependents. The actual housing someone would be eligible for in base housing is based on rank and number of dependents, so more kids=bigger house.

To open another can of worms, what the fuck is FSA supposed to be intended for?
My totally unofficial answer? The fact that a family still has the full cost of bills at home (gas, groceries, utilities, etc) that a single individual wouldn't have, or a single person would have at a significantly lower rate than a married person.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
*Sigh*...another one bites the dust.

Have fun being dead to me, Chunks.

Oh, I'm still able to Fvck it away...nothing's for sure yet. Due to the administration's "saving money," was delayed from April...so JOPA for 5 more months than I was planning. :)

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, but the BAH is the same for a DINK couple and a family of six.
This is a direct result of statistics, and average costs, etc etc

To open another can of worms, what the fuck is FSA supposed to be intended for?
Rewarding marriage & procreation in our christian-fundamental based military regulations.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's great to be terminal. I can call congressionals and not give a shit.

Or you could keep your trap shut so they don't go back to the way it was before they changed it to the current system and screw the rest of us who aren't terminal (yet). In the age of cost cutting, it's very likely they could go down that path if given the incentive.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
I thought BAH was also a reflection of those DOD surveys sent out every year, and lack of participation can affect that, no?

They got rid of those surveys years ago. It was a bit of a death spiral effect on the BAH rates. Junior enlisted lived in crappy houses with rents lower than BAH so they could have more money for utilities, thus further driving the BAH rates down, and the more senior enlisted and officers would live in nicers houses than BAH which then drove BAH rates correspondingly higher. Rates are now tied to actual rentals available in the geographic area vice what military members are renting.

MasterBates

Or you could keep your trap shut so they don't go back to the way it was before they changed it to the current system and screw the rest of us who aren't terminal (yet). In the age of cost cutting, it's very likely they could go down that path if given the incentive.

When have I EVER been able to keep my mouth shut?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
MB it won't do any good. There have been thousands of congressionals over married versus single BAH. It's been an issued for decades. Nothing new here.