• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

200 yard pistol shots

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
That's a pretty snappy pistol for someone that hasn't shot pistols much. Lot's of people buy them but not that many shoot them well. I bet you'd shoot a Glock 19 much better. I know I do. Center punching a target with a 9mm round is much better than missing it with a .40cal. If you feel you need to make a larger hole try a Glock 21 SF. To me that's easier to shoot than a Glock 22. That 19 is a gem though.

I have a Glock model 22 that I bought new in July and absolutely love. The first time I shot it, I found that when I did rapid fire shooting that the first round would hit dead center and then the remaining rounds tended to hit low and to the left - I'm a right handed shooter. After a little self analysis I figured out that I was not maintaining proper wrist control. Once I figured that out every round was dead center.

OldNavy

Impressive, Rock. With my Glock 22 .40 I can hit the broad side of a barn at 10 yards...if I'm lucky.

I may very well be the worst pistol shot on the planet. I just didn't grow up shooting them and they feel weird to me. I've always preferred rifles and shotguns and I'm pretty decent with both. But, pistols are a different story.

Maybe I should get a lesson before I fire 15 rounds at an intruder that all go into the wall behind him, ceiling over him and floor in front of his feet.

If I ever have to pull my Kel-Tec P-32 in self-defense, I'm gonna have to turn it 90 degrees to the target and hope that one of the ejected shells hits him in the eye.

nativeofsandieg

I tried a 450 yard shot with my 9mm pistol. Out of 10 shots, only two drew up dust "near" the target. I was surprised at how little I had to aim above it....

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
If I ever have to pull my Kel-Tec P-32 in self-defense, I'm gonna have to turn it 90 degrees to the target and hope that one of the ejected shells hits him in the eye.

You and I should go to the range together, sometime. Well...after thinking about it...maybe not.

FlyinRock

Regional match SAN at the police range. Piece of 45 brass came down and stuck on top of my glasses frame. Burned shit out of my eyebrow. Don't recall what happened to the next shot! Probably went thru the overhead.......... such a whoosie