• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 year NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
i was in NROTC for a semester, but couldn't pick up the scholarship so i left (though it was only a semester, i had no money, and couldn't stand going 3 days with out any food several times.) after this semester, it will be two years since i left the battalion, and probably am eligible to go back/join the battalion again. my question is, is it a requirement that, even for college program seeker, i must have 60+ credits? can't i start all over again and try to apply for a 4 or 3yr scholarship?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Go back and ask the recruiting officer at the ROTC unit. Did you continue to take classes at the university or did you leave school all together? If you only left the rotc unit, things might be difficult, since they will ask why you did not participate in the college program.

The navy is not going to give you a 4 yr ride if you do not have enough classes left to take 4yrs.
Good luck

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
If you have the credits to graduate earlier, they will not give you a four year ride. I was a two year ROTC kid and I loved it. Basically, if you have the grades, you get the money. Then you go to NSI in Rhode Island. It's kinda like a mini-boot camp except you take all the ROTC classes you missed. It's not so bad. Plus, Newport in the summer is awesome. Good luck.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
hmmm interesante

yeah, the only reason that i left is because i didn't have enough money to continue education at that school. for god sakes, for a mediocre school like ODU, the school cost me 16k (w/o room and board)for one semester!!! i felt totally ripped off by the fact that there was suny which only costs 10k per year... well, i guess it was kinda my fault for jumping in too early...

oh, and yes, i only left that one battalion, and i WAS in college program actually. i didn't say that i wasn't cut out (to the recruiter), i just told them that it was just too expensive. will navy understand the fact that it was just money problem? i received some crappy advises :icon_rage , but there was also the other part when i didn't study because i knew nothing of C++... VISUAL 6.0 (Shiver~~~) I am also approaching 60 credits (after taking calc III, physics II, and organic chemistry together... ANOTHER SHIVER.)

myoun023

Dear Sir/ Madame,
I am currently a Midshipmen at ODU and I dont find MY school to be "mediocre" as you put it. Sure the location may not be the best, and yes we arent exactly surrounded by the nice neighborhoods and friendly locals. However once you get on campus it is the same as any other college, your college education is what you make of it IN THE CLASSROOM. ODU has a fine NROTC program; the largest battalion in the state. Also,we are located less that 5 minutes from Naval Station Norfolk and about 30 mins from NAS Oceana...so we have more of an advantange than many other schools with NROTC units as far as accessibility to the fleet. ODU might not be in the best location, but the military benefits far exceed that of most other civillian universities.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
hmmm

wait, myoun023, what midn class are you??? i just want to know. i realized that lt. bronner and capt. huber left. they were both great. and really, i'm not saying that the school itself was BAD, but i had horrible teachers, you must understand. i had dr/mr ray as my CS150 teacher, and that just killed my whole experience as a MIDN trying to pick up a scholarship. sorry if you were offended by my post. BTW, did MIDN POGUE (now an ensign) finish BUD/S???

myoun023

Enisihi1983,
I am currently a 4th class Midshipmen. Lt. Bronner is still here actually, he's my naval history professor. I can't say that ive heard of Capt. Huber though. Im not sure ive heard of an Ens. Pogue in my time here. I understand about hard classes, Computer Science is a beast or so ive been told at least; im struggling with chemistry. However chemistry is just one of the many obstacles i'll have to scale to get selected for navair and eventually earn my wings. Take it easy

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
oh man, i thought you were like a 2nd or a 3rd. man, i had some fun times being in echo... i hope all the marines (maj ware, gysgt williams, and ssgt anderson) is still around. they were the BOMB at straightening kids out. also, maj ware looks like dana carvey, but i never had the balls to tell him ;) . i remember the staff for the navy's side was capt huber, cmdr stouffer, lt handwerk, lt ngo, and lt bronner. they're awesome too. i really hope that the ensign that used to work with the SK1 finally got her billet and left for flight school too. i'm going to say that you are in good hands! oc kelley, oc redmond, oc ramirez, they were like the super SEAL/joker team there. btw, if you know who MIDN Phillips is, could you please tell him that SONG said hi, and that sorry i missed him when he came up to NNMC? he was treated by my brother who is a corpman3 (WHAT A COINCIDENCE, huh??? the world is small after all!) hope to hear from you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.