• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 flight slots left for 2010...sound right?

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
I just got off the phone with my new OSO. I transfered back to Embry-Riddle from the University of Colorado...according to the staff sergeant I was working with out in Denver, getting me into the program with an air contract wouldn't be hard at all. Since I transfered schools, I've switched OSOs to Orlando. When I spoke to one of the secrataries in Orlando, she mentioned that they have only two air contracts for the 2010 graduating year. Does this sound correct? Maybe I misunderstood her and she meant 2 air contracts for the boards...? Two for that graduating year sounds pretty low...it makes me wonder if Denver isn't desparate for air contracts? What do you all think?

Thanks
Matt

williamtcox

I just got off the phone with my new OSO. I transfered back to Embry-Riddle from the University of Colorado...according to the staff sergeant I was working with out in Denver, getting me into the program with an air contract wouldn't be hard at all. Since I transfered schools, I've switched OSOs to Orlando. When I spoke to one of the secrataries in Orlando, she mentioned that they have only two air contracts for the 2010 graduating year. Does this sound correct? Maybe I misunderstood her and she meant 2 air contracts for the boards...? Two for that graduating year sounds pretty low...it makes me wonder if Denver isn't desparate for air contracts? What do you all think?

Thanks
Matt

Matt,

I think what your OSO meant is that "they" as an office will submit two packages that are Air Slots. My office submitted two packages and I was one of them. The other guy that got submitted was better than me and got 196 and I got 197. The scuttlebutt on my end is that slots are pretty easy to fill right now so good luck Matt.

Bolter

pilot
Well, lets think about this. CNATRA just opened up VT-28 down in P'cola to train a whole squadron of helo guys (making it three squadrons). A ton of money is being dumped into Marine aviation so I wouldn't be concered about the number of slots. Another post mentioned that the two slots might be for the OSO office, which is probably right. Hey worst case scenario, do what I did and take a ground contract, go kill some people in Iraq for a couple of years, and then come back and fly jets. It'll make you appreciate your view a whole lot more :D