• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2.5 GPA MIN for Naval Aviators App's

Status
Not open for further replies.

vballindaytona

hey guys, my recruiter told me that the 2.0 min standard gpa is no longer. applicants now must have a 2.5gpa to send an application to Tenn. He even had two packets ready to send off and couldn't because the GPA was only 2.3 and 2.2. Just a little info for yall on the "making my package" phase. Anybody else hear this info?

Jonathan

dcstruble

The gouge around OCS is that the Navy basically is not hiring. I know of people that were successful in the OCS training but lost their designator medically during Week 9. They are sending them home as NPQ (Not Physically Qualified) with no/few options for redesignation. It makes sense that they raise the bar for applicants, but I think pilots are in RELATIVELY higher demand.

Dave Shutter

I've noticed a lot of talk about fewer pilot slots, tougher boards and higher standards. That's the way it is, their needs fluxuate and right now it seems they have fewer holes to fill. When that happens they get real picky. Last year they really pumped people into Aviation. OCS classes were nearly half Aviators for a while and this year they're scaling that back it seems. When I graduated in Feb. there was an obscene ammount of people in A-pool, over a hundred I think. Morning musters these day are about ten people, they've cleared most of us out to make room for the flood of USNA/ROTC people were about to get. The gouge is that some people coming out of OCS in the next couple months may be hanging around until OCT to class up for API until those other guys clear out. Maybe it's the post 9-11 lull in the economy that boosted Officer recruiting, who knows. That's too bad because a lot of you who are having problems sound really qualified and motivated. I would suggest you keep at it because next year they'll probably open up with more slots. Keep banging away at it and don't lose sight of your goals. I know some of you are fed up with the app process, waivers and half-stepping Recruiters but these are your obastacles. If you hit a wall that puts you back a year to two then suck it up, I did and I'm glad I didn't give up. If it was easy everyone would do it and what fun would that be.

Best of luck

patbrown08

Another contributing factor from post 9/11 is that less people are getting out. There was an article in the Navy Times a while back that said the officer resignations this fiscal year are way below the expected amout. And many people have pulled their resignation letters. This especially applies to the aviation community since many airlines are hurting and are furloughing pilots and just not hiring. This put a serious crimp in the plans of many of the aviators out there who were going to leave the military and make the big bucks in the civilian industry. Just like everything else, if the supply is greater than the demand, the standards are going to go up.

vballindaytona

yea pat,

if you got your slot already your set. I hear ya michael, but until jan i got a job working security/bouncer at a bar. its great, listen to live music, flirt w/ beautiful women, ...my first real knock off job ever. its fun, although somewhat depressing. seeing the waitresses and bartenders there that plan on a career of 10/bucks an hour or the people that come drink thereselves crazy EVERY day beginning at noon. trying not to lose sight of what I have in the future.

Jonathan

watz

Is their a way to look at people joining? I want to join also and I have a little time but I want in the fall of 2003 I realize the Navy needs may change so is their a way I can monitor to pick a more opertune time to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.