• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

194 results?

youearnedit

The board met on the 27th and so we should hear anytime now. Has anybody heard back? We should find out real soon right? I'm praying for everybody.

bldcheetah

From the looks of past boards and the posting of the results, we should be seeing our selections (optomistically thinking) by the end of next week. Good luck to you both. I have not seen many air contracts offered in past boards, so hopefully we can see good things from that aspect as well. I scored a 5/6/5 and on my first stab at the ASTB. I am stoked to have a chance at becomming a pilot.

youearnedit

End of next week! I'm thinking tomorrow or Friday. I was told the first week in December. Good luck! I'm not up for air, I'm up for ground officer.

bldcheetah

Im up for ground with the option for air. If the naval aviator contract is out, I am still in for a ground contract. Either way, a commission will be outstanding! It would be that much sweeter with a guarantee to be a pilot! Good Luck!

A MarAdmin Tomorrow or Friday would be righteous!

youearnedit

I'm hoping tomorrow for the results. No body ever works on Fridays, so they'll have it by tomorrow or Monday (I HOPE). Has your OSO told you anything? What's your PFT score?

bldcheetah

I dont have an OSO, as I am hoping for selection through ECP. My PFT has been up and down in the last coups le of years, but right now it stands as a 260 on the record. My run time has gotten a litte worse (18:30 to 20:30) and my pull ups have suffered one or two hits. It is by far one of my worst! I plan to have bettered my score by at least 25 points before I attend OCS, if selected. I have a lot going for me as far as everything else goes. I have an outstanding track record as an NCO, and I have recently been promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant (far ahead of many of my peers). I have a 3.48 GPA in college and have a whole lot of experience as a leader of Marines. Evrything seems to be on par for me, so I am thinking that I will most likely be selected. But, nothing is ever for sure! The only hiccup I can see that would affect my package is the fact that I have just arrived in a new command and my squadron commander was not comfortable with recommending me with ENTHUSIASM and decided to recommend me with CONFIDENCE instead. He said that he did not have sufficient time (less than 90 days) to observe my performance, and that was the only reason he did not recommend me with ENTHUSIASM. I ended up requesting letters of recommendation from the officers I worked for in my previous commands, as they had a better idea of what kind of Marine I am, having worked with me for a few years. I ended up pressing my package through, even with less than a desireable recommendation from my squadron commander, as this is my only chance to get an aviation contract. I will be to old for a waiver by the next time the board convenes. I am sure the board takes everything into consideration when determining who they select, so I do not feel that one word would destroy my chances of being selected.

Lets hope they come out with the results tomorrow!

bldcheetah

I have been selected for ground at this time. BUMED is looking over my medical record and will determining if I am qualified for an SNA guarantee. I look foward to having a good time at OCS with all of you who have been selected. Congratulations and Happy New Year!