• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 Oct 2003 for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpike

hey here is a list of what i was told to bring that wasn't contraband. Fill free to add to this list if you were told anything else to bring.
toiletry kit, including bag.
Glasses, if you were contacts.
Running Shoes. ( You will be issued New Balance running shoes at OCS)
Wristwatch
Alarm Clock
Small (AA) flashlight with extra batteries--mini mag-lights work well
One change of civilian clothes.
Cotton rags ( for shoe and brass polishing)
White undershirs (six)
White cotton briefs (six)
White athletic socks (six)
White bath towels (two)
White sports bras ( four:males don't bring these)
Checkbook and pertinent financial records.
Postage stamps and stationery
Prescribed medication
Birth certificate for yourself and any dependents
marriage certificate
copy of mortgage/lease agreement (if you have to break it)
Five copies of your original orders
College transcrips
Prior service records, medals, and ribbions ( if applicable)
$300 in cash

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
txpike, that sounds like that's most of it. In some gouge that I heard from a couple of OCS graduates, I was told to bring also some Tulip matte fabric ink ( I guess the kind they issue at OCS is hard to work with...get black and white). I heard in another forum that swiffer sheets would be great to pick up the lingering dust in your lockers during inspections. Just a shortcut, I guess.

D

jaerose

You mean that just because I'm male I can't bring my sports bras? What a rip-off! J/K. I did pick up some swiffer sheets...also...get tablet form detergent.

JR

txpike

all contraband we have to leave in our car, right? Can we bring in the Fabric ink or should we just leave in our car until the 2nd week?
tx

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
I think it'd be a safe bet to leave it in the car until the 2nd week or so, but we'll talk about it when we meet up Saturday night at McGuires.

D

amyg

Do we need to bring laundry stuff or do not worry about that? Are people bringing sleeping bags or a blanket of some kind?

Also do I need to get anything else besides whats on the list? I know people mentioned about the swiffer sheets.

Irrumpo

I fought the law and the law won
Good luck guys and gals! I know you all are nervous, but just wait till Nov 1st and I'll be there to take some heat off. Stay motivated and never give up. See you all soon.

bart27

Good luck to everyone...I wish I could be there w/ you to take part in all the fun. Right now, it looks like I might be reporting Nov 15th so be nice when I arrive.

dhafeman

Well, i finally received my orders and I will not be getting to Pensacola until late Saturday night so I won't be able to meet up at 6. Hopefully, I will catch up with some of you guys Sunday morning.

jaerose

Why can't you just catch up to us late on Saturday night? D_mac and I are currently sitting at Kool Beans in p-cola...and the weather is perfect! Tonight we'll be at Seville Quarter if anyone's coming into town.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.