• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 May 09

lyricsavvy

SWO, ENG-R- KILL!
Anyone up for a meet and greet dinner or something the night before we check in?

Also, anyone else having issues with getting their final select letter? My recruiter says things are backlogged like hell.

:(

Suuzz

Meet and greet sounds great! I'll be staying @ the Navy Lodge there in Newport on the 15th and 16th.

Adrian --- 25M --- AD, 3 yrs (PS3) --- Supply Corps --- Miami, Fl (Currently stationed in Atsugi, Japan)

lyricsavvy

SWO, ENG-R- KILL!
Perhaps a waiting pool?

Hi, Adrian-
I am wondering if they've put us in a waiting pool, for spots to open in May. I say this, because I haven't been sent my final select letter...and haven't seen ANYONE else in the May 17th class...this is really strange to me, as there are a normal number of people saying they're in the classes before us and after us.
What are your thoughts? They're going to have to fly you up to RI, correct? Have you received your final select letter?
Thanks!

Suuzz

I received my final select letter back in 20 Oct 08 (7 months ago) -LOL. Mindful that active orthodontics is not authorized at OCS, I requested an OCS date in conjunction w/ completion of treatment. That explains the 7 month gap n' waiting time :sleep_125

And don't worry, the Navy will provide transportation from your home of record to Providence/Newport, RI. The funding comes from the accounting data on your Official Orders. Upon arrival at OTCN, you will have the opportunity to submit a travel claim w/ personnel office - so make sure to save any reimbursable receipts, i.e. taxi, lodging, etc. Driving is optional and also reimbursable by the mileage & a flat per-diem rate, and so on. Anyhow, enough of that :)

You are absolutely right, our class is surprisingly small in comparison to the classes before and after us. Not sure what to think, but I am fairly certain that the number of people will increase within the next few days/weeks. Though very unlikely, there is a possibility that many applicants/selectees are disinterested in networking or unaware that online forums like airwarriors and usnavyocs exist.

30 days and counting! :eek:

axis

Hi guys,

I just found out that my orders got bumped up to report on 17 May. Here's my stats:
Matt --- 23M --- non-prior --- SNA --- Gainesville, Fl.

See you guys there!

staff03

Nick---23M---Non-Prior---SNA---College Station,TX

Just found out that my OCS date got moved up to 17 May. Since I finish my finals on Thursday I think I'm going to have to fly, even with the disadvantages that come with it. I was wondering if anyone else on here is driving and might have some room for me to put my cell phone/charger and other stuff they don't let me bring in. I know it's an inconvenience but it would be greatly appreciated. Just PM me or write me back. Thanks, and look forward to seeing everyone there.

Metal Hornet

Whats up everyone. I am new to AW, and I found out Friday I will be going to OCS on the 17th. I am up for a meet and greet the night before. Tomorrow, I swear in, sign on the dotted line, and get my orders, plane ticket, and where I am going to stay.

Here are my stats:

M, 26, SNA
Prior Service (1.5 years in the AF, E3), and completed the Air Force ROTC program.
AFROTC two year scholarship
Finance Degree, 3.48 GPA
16 hours of flying, Cessna 172
PRT: 79 pushups, 77 situps, 12:09 mile and a half (I have a messed up right knee)

Its important we all start off with the right attitude and mindset, and I like the idea of the meet and greet; I think its important to have it. I have already successfully completed one officer program, so I will do what I can to help you succeed and get through. I will do what I can to let you know what to expect.

See you there.

RabidMoose

Hi guys,

I just found out that my orders got bumped up to report on 17 May. Here's my stats:
Matt --- 23M --- non-prior --- SNA --- Gainesville, Fl.

See you guys there!

You mentioned that your orders go moved up..what was your previous date? Did they say why they moved them up?

GuinnessGurl

I start ODS May 17 in Newport. ODS is the abbreviated version for docs and nurses, etc. (I am going to be an Aerospace Physiologist.)
Should be driving up this Saturday.
Meet & greet is fine with me...but I was hoping to find other ODS students too, so I can meet those who will be in my class and graduate with me on June 19. Any flight physiologists, flight surgeons, etc???