• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
Forgive my slowness but over the past few days I've been asking myself what is the point of this debate. I see a group of people that think we should call "a spade a spade" and another group wanting to reserve conclusions for more information. I can see the merits of both but what's the real argument? In a few weeks or months we'll know everything we'd ever want to know about this guy and the former group on here can pontentially point and laugh at the later. But are we really debating the polital/judicial system in place or are we just trying to one up the other guys on here? I honestly can't tell anymore.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
People considered by A4s et al to be "liberals" can't think right or fight wars, etc etc...

But thank God for the 'rest' of the U.S. military ... and

Sorry, A4s, but the 'rest' of the U.S. Military, especially those on this site, operate in a procedural framework. That's not to say that there isn't an opportunity to apply good judgement, or to review how procedures are carried out. When we do things "by the book," things almost always have a way of working out the way they should. The moment people start inventing procedures (or when those involved in the investigation start making up conclusions based on "hunches") is the moment we start fucking it away. I for one want to see this guy prosecuted to the maximum extent permissible by the law, and I don't want to see him appeal it for decades until no one gives a shit anymore. This investigation needs to be rock solid so we can make an example of the m-fer. If our senior leadership involved in this investigation "shoots from the hip" we're fucked, and Mr. Hasan (guarantee you he's broken the Hippocratic Oath) will have won.

Bevo16

pilot
Do a google search of "9/11 Muslim Backlash" and you'll find several stories from 2001 up to present about fear and worry and anxiety and even some about stuff that actually happened against the muslim community.

OH SHIT!!!! STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!?!?!? You mean MUSLIMS WERE WORRIED POST 9-11?!?!!?!? What can we do to rest the overstressed hearts of these poor misunderstood people? They were worried about what might happen to them?

Maybe if significant numbers of them would actually speak up and get on the right side of things they would not have to worry about being "misunderstood".

Could it be that they are being properly understood, and they are worried that we are figuring it out?

This is what we are up against. The following is from a website operated by an Imam who formerly instructed at the Virginia mosque attended by Hassan.

November 9, 2009 - by Anwar alAwlaki Filed under Imam Anwar's Blog

Nidal Hassan is a hero. He is a man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people. This is a contradiction that many Muslims brush aside and just pretend that it doesn't exist. Any decent Muslim cannot live, understanding properly his duties towards his Creator and his fellow Muslims, and yet serve as a US soldier. The US is leading the war against terrorism which in reality is a war against Islam. Its army is directly invading two Muslim countries and indirectly occupying the rest through its stooges. Nidal opened fire on soldiers who were on their way to be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. How can there be any dispute about the virtue of what he has done? In fact the only way a Muslim could Islamically justify serving as a soldier in the US army is if his intention is to follow the footsteps of men like Nidal.

The heroic act of brother Nidal also shows the dilemma of the Muslim American community. Increasingly they are being cornered into taking stances that would either make them betray Islam or betray their nation. Many amongst them are choosing the former. The Muslim organizations in America came out in a pitiful chorus condemning Nidal's operation.

The fact that fighting against the US army is an Islamic duty today cannot be disputed. No scholar with a grain of Islamic knowledge can defy the clear cut proofs that Muslims today have the right -rather the duty- to fight against American tyranny. Nidal has killed soldiers who were about to be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan in order to kill Muslims. The American Muslims who condemned his actions have committed treason against the Muslim Ummah and have fallen into hypocrisy.

Allah(swt) says: Give tidings to the hypocrites that there is for them a painful punishment - Those who take disbelievers as allies instead of the believers. Do they seek with them honor [through power]? But indeed, honor belongs to Allah entirely. (al-Nisa 136-137) The inconsistency of being a Muslim today and living in America and the West in general reveals the wisdom behind the opinions that call for migration from the West. It is becoming more and more difficult to hold on to Islam in an environment that is becoming more hostile towards Muslims.

May Allah grant our brother Nidal patience, perseverance and steadfastness and we ask Allah to accept from him his great heroic act. Ameen

www.anwar-alawlaki.com/

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
What I wonder, though just speculating, is could this be a result of the sort of "coming down" on the intelligence community that has happened under Barack Obama? For example, I wonder if this would have happened under George W. Bush, or if this would have just been another one of the "attempted terrorism attacks" that was foiled during the Bush years...? (They say apparently soldiers were aware of this guy's views and the intelligence community, but they believe PC kept them silent).
You need to stop sipping your Republican kool-aid. Mr. Hasan has spent the better part of his career serving under the Bush administration, and any information pertaining to his disloyalty to the U.S. was likely collected during that time as well.

exhelodrvr

pilot
squorch - Take a look at the number of terrorist attacks and foiled terrorist attacks in this country and or to U.S. installations over the past 20 or so years. In what percentage were the individuals Muslim? How does that percentage compare to the percentage of the U.S. population which is Muslim (for the INCONUS incidents) and how does that percentage compare to the percentage of the world's population which is Muslim (for the total number of incidents)?

Now explain how "3 and 4 have nothing to do with each other".

We do need to be careful to about how we view Muslims. In more ways than one.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
squorch - Take a look at the number of terrorist attacks and foiled terrorist attacks in this country and or to U.S. installations over the past 20 or so years. In what percentage were the individuals Muslim? How does that percentage compare to the percentage of the U.S. population which is Muslim (for the INCONUS incidents) and how does that percentage compare to the percentage of the world's population which is Muslim (for the total number of incidents)?

Now explain how "3 and 4 have nothing to do with each other".

We do need to be careful to about how we view Muslims. In more ways than one.

That is the same logic used by Al Gore to justify the theory of Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You guys obviously aren't listening (most of you anyway). Yelling the same thing over and over won't get your point across any better. At least we know who in this thread is sane and who isn't (draw your own conclusions). :D

Closed pending further review.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
'Reopened' .... now that we've had 'further review' and know who/what 'Major' Hassan is/was ....

'Course some of us always did know ... we just didn't take the PC side of the question and didn't have to have a ruling by the Supreme Court to figure it out.

Stirring the pot?? I think not ...

Reality check for some on this website?? I think so ...

A quick & dirty refresher:

Dallas Morning News: Military rejects bid by Ft. Hood shooter to bar public from hearing

Wikipedia:
Fort Hood Shooting

And for those pathetic, always reliable, 'doubters' on this website: ever heard of this guy??? Anwar al-Awlaki

Sad ... truly sad.

MasterBates

Court martial him. If he's convicted,

FIRING SQUAD (that's still legal, right?)

My opinion is the Major knew what the fuck he was doing, and was an enemy in our own ranks. The Courts Martial can decide his fate.

But he'll probably get mercy as some fucking PC bullshit measure. Fuck that, if he's guilty (and I don't see how he ain't) shoot the motherfucker. Let him bleed out, and let it be slow and painful.

In olden times, I don't think it would have taken this long.

Religion of peace my ass.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Court martial him. If he's convicted,

FIRING SQUAD (that's still legal, right?)

My opinion is the Major knew what the fuck he was doing, and was an enemy in our own ranks. The Courts Martial can decide his fate.

But he'll probably get mercy as some fucking PC bullshit measure. Fuck that, if he's guilty (and I don't see how he ain't) shoot the motherfucker. Let him bleed out, and let it be slow and painful.

In olden times, I don't think it would have taken this long.

Religion of peace my ass.

In olden days he wouldn't have been given the opportunity to defend himself in court. He's a traitor, he committed treason. Shoot him in the head unceremoniously, dump his body in a prison grave and be done with it.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
You mean these olden days?
No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

I don't think we're exactly lacking for witnesses.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Make him into a Lord of the Flies(the noun) is my suggestion. Defined: The Lord of the Flies used to be a mother sow who, though at one time clean, loving, and innocent, has now become a manically smiling, bleeding last image of evil. Floor is now open for mounting locations...

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Though death would seem like an easy option, and quite possibly the quickest/cheapest solution...Do you really think death is the most creative punishment? I could think of a few more off the top of my head.

1) Let the families of those who were killed bludgeon him to death.
2) Since he's paralyzed, throw him in the orca tank at Sea World, giving the families of those who were killed front row seats either above or below the surface.
3) I doubt people in Afghanistan really know who he is. Damage his vocal cords (so he's unable to speak), put him in his ACUs, airdrop him somewhere in the mountains of Afghanistan where he will be found by Taliban fighters. Let's see what they do to him.
4) Spend millions of dollars to repair his spinal cord. Then, once healed, we tie him down and let the families shoot off his now functioning knee caps, ankles, etc...

Am I sadistic? Probably. But I think there are much more creative and painful punishments than death by firing squad, lethal injection, or whatever he would be subject to.