• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11 FEB 2024 OCS Class

MotorCookie

They are getting slightly bigger. Currently we have about 111. I heard the next class has more
Sounds like the Navy is really ramping up the number of people commissioning. New program authorizations, fewer rollable events, bigger class sizes, etc.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Sounds like the Navy is really ramping up the number of people commissioning. New program authorizations, fewer rollable events, bigger class sizes, etc.
Bear in mind that classes dropped down into the 50s in the early days of covid and then with the temporary halt on SNA/NFO, they dropped back down to that number. It will end up messing up year groups for a bit, but it's getting back to normal.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Hey y'all, I graduated from OCS back in November (Class 02-24) and am currently in Pensacola (SNA). With your ship date being about a month away, I just wanted to pop in and offer my advice and/or answer any questions you might have about anything. Feel free to DM me if you want as well.

Got any advice on things to memorize before we head out?
You'll definitely want to get a head start on your Appendix B knowledge. Bonus points if you can recite it verbatim while doing burpees.

Your candidate officers (CandiOs) will also tell you that you'll have to memorize the "Discipline Ditty" and the Mission of the Navy. You may or not have to yell both at the top of your lungs while exercising.

Last edited:

warrenw1993

Hey y'all, I graduated from OCS back in November (Class 02-24) and am currently in Pensacola (SNA). With your ship date being about a month away, I just wanted to pop in and offer my advice and/or answer any questions you might have about anything. Feel free to DM me if you want as well.

You'll definitely want to get a head start on your Appendix B knowledge. Bonus points if you can recite it verbatim while doing burpees.

Your candidate officers (CandiOs) will also tell you that you'll have to memorize the "Discipline Ditty" and the Mission of the Navy. You may or not have to yell both at the top of your lungs while exercising.
What is the wait times to class up currently down in Pcola for NIFE? And will they give me time to move my family down from PA?

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
What is the wait times to class up currently down in Pcola for NIFE? And will they give me time to move my family down from PA?
When we checked in back in NOV, we were told about 6-7 months, but no one really knows. It’s faster for NFO’s.

When you graduate, you’ll have 4 travel days (including the day of graduation) to get down to Pensacola and check in to your next command. If you take additional days to get down there, it comes out of your leave. You can also get reimbursed up to 14 days’ worth of a hotel stay while you find a place to live down here.

warrenw1993

When we checked in back in NOV, we were told about 6-7 months, but no one really knows. It’s faster for NFO’s.

When you graduate, you’ll have 4 travel days (including the day of graduation) to get down to Pensacola and check in to your next command. If you take additional days to get down there, it comes out of your leave. You can also get reimbursed up to 14 days’ worth of a hotel stay while you find a place to live down here.
Ok, thank you for the info. Ya I’m just wondering how to go about getting time to help my family pack and get moved down there after OCS.

MotorCookie

How exactly do the pushups work during the PRTs at OCS?

Are you allowed to stick your butt up in the air to rest during the pushups or do you have to be in perfect form for the entire time? What if you hit a good number of pushups and want to rest for the run, can you have your knees rest on the ground and chill until time is up?

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6

Are you allowed to stick your butt up in the air to rest during the pushups or do you have to be in perfect form for the entire time? What if you hit a good number of pushups and want to rest for the run, can you have your knees rest on the ground and chill until time is up?
You will have DIs and RDCs sharing you during the IST and Candios counting for you. If you break form, you can be told to stop. As soon as you drop, they have you take a knee to get your score recorded.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)

You will have DIs and RDCs sharing you during the IST and Candios counting for you. If you break form, you can be told to stop. As soon as you drop, they have you take a knee to get your score recorded.
To add on to this, you can only rest in the up position of the push-up. They'll explain what you can and can't do in the instructional brief right before you do it.

You can certainly try and save your energy on push-ups to rest for later exercises, but staff will give you an earful if they feel that you're not giving your best effort. The best way to make sure that doesn't happen is to exercise regularly and make sure you score well above Good Low before leaving for OCS.