• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

100 in A-Pool to be attrited via inspections? YGTBSM!

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
We had an inspection outside this morning. It was brick out. Anyone with a hit has to correct it and return at 1400 for re-inspection. If you get a hit on this re-inspection, you will be given a pink slip. LT said that he needs to eliminate 100 people from A-pool. I bought a new pair of black corframs (mine were scratched), but I have a spot on my P/W pants and I don't know how I'm going to get it out on short notice. I am, as scientists say, "shitting bricks".

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
We had an inspection outside this morning. It was brick out. Anyone with a hit has to correct it and return at 1400 for re-inspection. If you get a hit on this re-inspection, you will be given a pink slip. LT said that he needs to eliminate 100 people from A-pool. I bought a new pair of black corframs (mine were scratched), but I have a spot on my P/W pants and I don't know how I'm going to get it out on short notice. I am, as scientists say, "shitting bricks".

You and everyone else. They're going to get rid of 25% of us? :eek: I crapped myself when he said that...now I don't know WHAT I'm going to do for my re-inspect. Pink slip for a scratched Ensign bar...:confused:

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
I feel like my confidence has shaken. This has been a depressing morning. I almost get the vibe that they are trying to get rid of us rather than help us through.

I got knocked on my inspection this morning because the ribbon my ROTC unit gave me had some wear on it, my Ensign bars had some marks on them, and my cover was apparently misaligned. Now I have to come back at 1400, if everything isn't perfect, I get an awesome pink slip. Seriously, wtf.

This sucks. Thank God I am starting BOLTC Monday. I am half-tempted to volunteer to work in flight management, volunteer for Vance, do TAD somewhere away from here...ANYTHING to get out of this A-Pool mess. I feel like the longer you are here, the greater the opportunity to mess up and get kicked out over trivial matters.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
You and everyone else. They're going to get rid of 25% of us? :eek: I crapped myself when he said that...now I don't know WHAT I'm going to do for my re-inspect. Pink slip for a scratched Ensign bar...:confused:

It's closer to 1-in-3...

KCOTT

pilot
The complain about fat people, yet they don't conduct PRTs to get rid of them. Yet they will write you a pink slip for something as stupid as your cover being misaligned. My one buddy had no knocks on his actual uniform, but has to come back because his cover was crooked and she knocked him for that.

PigzFly

While I dont disagree with all of the things being said, im not going to stress about it. They have already put money into us whether through the academy, rotc scholarships, or ocs. I doubt they will just bail on it. As far as i know there are threats like this thrown around pretty regularly. They are just pissed about the PRT failures. This is the same thing as when we had to start air crew pt a few weeks ago.

We just need to do our jobs, take care of our uniforms, and not be idiots and we will be fine. I mean shit, we are getting paid for it.

KCOTT

pilot
While I dont disagree with all of the things being said, im not going to stress about it. They have already put money into us whether through the academy, rotc scholarships, or ocs. I doubt they will just bail on it. As far as i know there are threats like this thrown around pretty regularly. They are just pissed about the PRT failures. This is the same thing as when we had to start air crew pt a few weeks ago.

We just need to do our jobs, take care of our uniforms, and not be idiots and we will be fine. I mean shit, we are getting paid for it.
Well, I know its our jobs. But when you have an LT who can't find something wrong with you so *name withheld* just says that you have an IP somewhere, that's a bullshit reason to get a pink slip. Seems like everybody had at least an IP infraction. I had knocks on my ribbon and Ensign bars, so I didn't get anything for IPs. I swear, if I get a pink slip this afternoon for having a slightly crooked cover again because I was shivering the cold for 2 hours at attention, I'm going to be so f'ing pissed. Disenroll the PRT failures, I fail to see how an IP can be a concern that would affect your flying capabilities, whereas physical fitness on the other hand.

phrogpilot73

Everyone needs to stop bitching. Does this mean I don't empathize? No. But this does mean that I understand where they're coming from.

Big Navy is overmanned with JO's - so they're trying to figure out ways to get rid of you anyway. Fair? Probably not. But life is not fair. Throw in that some percentage of young officers in A-Pool just got arrested for shooting federally protected birds on a wildlife refuge, and you see very quickly how a target is drawn on your back.

Play the game. If your ribbons are fucked up - replace them. If your cover is cockeyed - fix it. This too will pass.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
You aren't going to get kicked out of aviation for an IP.... As others have said, or as the expression goes, "Just shut up and color". Everything will be fine so long as you keep putting your best foot forward and work hard to be on your 'A' game.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I seriously doubt they are going to attrite 100 of you guys during a re-inspection. Through the next few months they will have dozens of more meaningful things to give you the boot for (IFS, API, being drunken masters, etc). And let's not forget trying to not get arrested in the pool between primary and advanced.......

KCOTT

pilot
You aren't going to get kicked out of aviation for an IP....
i would like to think that...but three IPs on three separate inspections would be enough to do it

hopefully these "everyday" inspections end pretty soon

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
As others have said, or as the expression goes, "Just shut up and color".

I_fuckin___love_coloring_by_WhiteSt.jpg