• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1 June Combined Course Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabravo2003

Mergy, myself along with 3 other candidates from OSS Tucson will be leaving Tucson, AZ on 31 May at 0700. I do not know what time we will get to MCB Quantico, so like I have said, just look for the smallest, most clueless officer candidate haha. Scuttle butt from the OSO is that we won't run our initial PFT til that wednesday. Basically from Sunday-Tuesday we will have some free time and get to go out into town.

George

Accepted for PLC183-PLC Air, ship out 31 May 2003

cblax2000

JaBravo,

Dude from what I hear u are sadly mistaken, the first three days are spent doing paperwork, medical, uniform purchases, haircuts, etc. Basically we get no free time, and we stand around like cattle and get poked with needles. I just think it is better to expect the worst, that way if we do get any free time, it will be unexpected and well received. BTW, good luck and stay motivated.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Once you arive in Quantico you won't leave again until you earn liberty. Also, you won't get a haircut until you get picked up by your staff. Hey, haircuts aren't any fun unless you're getting yelled at while your head is buried in your candidate reg's!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What are candidate regs?

- Quote on being selected for an OCS spot -
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

Taxman2A

War were declared.
AdrenalineRush- There are usually 5 Platoons per company. So, if there is only two then this will have a really friggin small company indeed.

Also- Cblax- you made the analogy about being cattle in a room poked with needles. That's a good way to put it. Honestly, looking back, those first 3 days were the worst part of OCS. Just remember to yourself when you are there sitting around waiting for those first few days that while their isn't much fun to be had at OCS, it DOES get better than in-proc.

E/A-6B1- Candidate Reg's is short for Candidate Regulations. The regs are a book which will serve as your bible throughout your stay in Quantico. You will be given them and told to have them memorized by the end of the first day or something rediculous. You don't need to memorize all 50 pages, but what you do need to know is the following:

11 General Orders
Leadership Traits (Use JJDIDTIEBUCKLE to remember)
Leadership Principles
Rank Structure

All OC candidates... get these all completely memorized before you go down there. Time is limited down in Quantico, so if you know these things now, you will have more time to do other things like mark your clothing. I went knowing just my 11 general orders and rank structure and was way ahead of some of the other candidates around me nervously trying to keep all the random information straight in their heads.

jabravo2003

Make flash cards of your leadership traits and 11 general orders, that's what I did and I am remembering them, I should have them for when I get out there, if not a good majority of them.

George

Accepted for PLC183-PLC Air, ship out 31 May 2003

Curmudgeon

You've looked at the www.ocs.usmc.mil arrival information page, right?

There is also some good stuff (maybe a bit dated) at
http://www.6mcd.usmc.mil/ftl_site/officer_hanbook/main.htm

Other thing I've heard is that females should plan to bring several comfortable sports bras; you only get to do laundry once a week, and you will do PT daily.

moesoccer

thanks for the website... that really helps...so have you already been to OCS or are going this weekend too??
thanks
monica

farkle84

hey for those going june 1. you have one more day. good luck, work hard, and dont worry, it does end eventually. there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Curmudgeon

Monica,
No, I won't be at OCS, I'm more than a little too old for it. You'll probably meet Rebecca, my daughter, though; she's heading out from San Jose saturday.

Adrenaline Rush

Just wanted to say thank you for all those you have given all of us attending OCS this summer your support and advice..Cant express how helpful you all have been!! Right now it feels like the minutes before a football game, butterflies in the stomach before the kickoff, but once you get the first hit in, its simply just a game (something I need to remember)...I hope I will be able to call myself an OCS grad. in 10 weeks, so here We go....Thanks again!!!!

"And on the 8th day the Marines took over the globe and have been runnin it ever since"

Status
Not open for further replies.