• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"1 hook" patch?

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I am desperately seeking a patch for having 1 tailhook landing. I had the privilege of spending a day and night on the boat (and my hair still seems to reek of boat even though I've washed it twice) and since husband is a rotary guy, I am the first in the family to have a hook (and a cat shot). I intend to hold this over his head mercilessly. I may start my own "I love me wall" with my honorary Tailhook certificate, but I really want that patch. I've seen them and know they exist(ed). We were told that the COD squadron who flew us on would be selling them, but they weren't. Can anyone point me in the right direction (other than ebay, but I'd prefer to buy from a squadron so a few bucks go to someone's beer fund)? TIA!

Renegade One

None
I've known ships that had a "ONE TURIAN" version of the ship's normal CENTURIAN patch. As a possible alternative, you might get a Tailhook Association patch with one of the tabs shown on this link below. Pretty sure you could pull off the threads for the number and have someone embroider ONE in its place. Just a thought…

Unpaid political announcement…you really ought to join the Association, even if only for a year.

http://www.tailhook.net/Merchant2/m...lhook&Product_Code=TH101&Category_Code=TH0018

Alternatively, you could contact one of the VRC squadrons…there are only two: VRC-30 for west coast and VRC-40 for east coast, and see what they might have. Either of them could also sell you a C-2 Greyhound patch as well…although those are easy to find on the web.

Oh…and you might as well get a ship's patch from whatever CVN you were on…unless you already did that while onboard.

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I found a picture of it but not the patch.

p1000413.jpg

I would hope someone from VRC-30 here could sell you one.

TexasTools

None
I have that one that's pictured, and if you want it, PM me and I'll be glad to mail it to you. I'm getting close to finishing the RAG anyway, and I just look like a dork with it around all the pilots.