• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1 dead, 1 hurt in recruiting office shooting

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Jim,

What goals of "his own" was this guy killing for? He converted to Muslim, went to Yemen, studied Jihad there, and came back and killed 2 American Soldiers. This is a clear extension of what is going on overseas. We are harder to kill over there because we are armed, alert, and in teams. These guys were just standing outside their recruiting station (probably doing some Army HARP duty) and got shot.

This "useful idiot" did not have any goals of his own. That's the problem, and that is exactly who Islam looks to recruit. You don't seen any college students or rich kids blowing themselves up in the market.

BLUF- using the word jihad unwittingly gives him some credibility with people who might not actually hate us; using the word terrorist denies much of that credibility; better still using the word irhabeen is like broadly telling all shapes, sizes, and varieties of Islam that we know that they know better.

I agree with your "useful idiot" profile and your analysis of his coming back stateside to do the deed. I just don't want to give him credit for being honorable or call him a word that he would be proud to be called. There's an Arabic word for freedom fighter (of course there is- every language has a word for that), but I'd just as soon rather dishonor him and his ilk and diminish his accomplishments by lumping him in to an insulting category.

My comment about "goals" is kind of a general dictionary definition and I think it took away from my point- my point is that terrorism and the dishonor of harming innocents is a universal concept. Jihad just has a subtly different meaning.

Hope that all makes sense.

Bevo16

pilot
I just don't want to give him credit for being honorable or call him a word that he would be proud to be called. There's an Arabic word for freedom fighter (of course there is- every language has a word for that), but I'd just as soon rather dishonor him and his ilk and diminish his accomplishments by lumping him in to an insulting category.

How about "pawn". I think that word fits.

pawn
2??/p?n/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pawn] Show IPA
?noun
1. Chess. one of eight men of one color and of the lowest value.....
2. someone who is used or manipulated to further another person's purposes.

Synonyms:
2. puppet, tool, dupe

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
How about "DOUCHEBAG" as in:

"Douche bag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in most of the English-speaking world. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term implies a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and malice, and generally used for males only." (Thank you wikipedia)